You are here

Taking any bets....

Survivor227's picture

Well step satan is gone, DH drove him 17 hours and has put him in the home of his late mother’s family. Before leaving, he stole my money and was smoking pot in the house, then tried to cover it up using his fathers cologne. I hope that I never have to see him again, but my kids and my parents are wagering that after 90 days he will be returning. That I won’t go through again. So getting my stuff in order and moving on with my plans to buy me and my kids a house separate from the toxic dump I’ve endured for the past 3 years. Then if DH wants to remain DH he will grow up and be a functioning husband instead of a juvenile. PSA.... never ever never never never live with family, his or yours. If the step kids aren’t distructive enough don’t add enabling in-laws to this.

futurestepmomnowstepgf's picture

my bf and his family are not close at all so never have to worry about the in-laws trying to invade our space. As for my parents, I will never live in the same home with them again. I love them and I am close with them, however they try to be too involved in my life/decisions and think no matter what I need to hear their opinion on things that are not their place. A future non-issue anymore is my bfs best friend has this fantasy in his head that when we get a house that he will also be living with us. My boyfriend was even thinking this is a good idea. I stood my ground already and said there is no way, we already have enough invasion of privacy with the whole BM drama, I will not have my privacy invaded more by his friend.

I am sorry you're dealing with this, but definitely hold your ground on this!

Thumper's picture

I wish you nothing but the best. You sound like your emotionally out of the crazy cloud of muck. THAT is over half the battle.

Adult kids are not meant to move back with their parents.

Some cultures think nothing of have adult kids, their kids, Aunts / cousins all living in the same house. Where you find a spot, floor or chair is where you sleep.

GOOD LUCK I have strong feeling YOU will be better than ever !!!!