You are here

Support Group - Sydney

LLady's picture

Hi all step-mums out there,

I have been looking and have not found a group for step-mums in Sydney (eastern suburbs), so i thought i'd set one up.

I imagine it to be a safe, easy place to have a glass of wine & chat about any issues we're facing and get tips from like-minded people who have been there before (not a place to bitch about the ex, though sometimes i feel like it!).

I have first hand knowledge that being the 'evil step-mother' isn't always fun and it's not easy to discuss with friends who are not in the same situation.

I propose a meeting before Christmas and every few months thereafter.

Let me know if you're interested.

emotionaly beat up's picture

Sounds great, can you fly some of that wine down to Melbourne. Good Luck it really sounds like a great idea.

luchay's picture

Hey EBU - I think there are a few of us in Melbourne.

Wine sounds good. Lots of wine.

So over it all at the moment...... :O

oncechoosetosmile's picture

hello, Luchay, yes , that is right:)))))) Sorry I am not here so much anymore since I escaped the insanity!!!! But I am still suffering the after shocks at times and feel as if I have escaped a life of suffering and emotional pain!! Love you sisters here, especially you Aussies, Luchay, lovely EBU..... xxxxxxx

Craving Normality's picture

I knew that. One choose to smile. But I also new you kicked him out. Are you good? I wouldbe more than happy to see the other step talkers in Sydney sometime. Wouldn't that be a laugh.

LLady's picture

Sounds like we have some takers. Does anyone have a preference on dates?

I suggest afternoon drink/nibbles in Sydney's CBD (Circular Quay or Darling Harbour) on either:
-9 Nov '13,
-23 Nov '13, or
-30 Nov '13.

Let me know and i'll organise. We'll go with the majority.

IslandGal's picture

That sounds damned awesome!! 30 November would be great for me.. and either DH or CQ is fine - long as there's alcohol!

LLady's picture

Hi IslandGal,

Since i wrote this, i have a commitment 30 Nov. Can we do Sunday 14 Nov arvo or Sat 7 Nov?

Libby

IslandGal's picture

I would love to but can't for the whole month of December - due to xmas, DH's birthdays etc.. shall we try for a date round mid Jan??

LLady's picture

Hi IslandGirl,

Jan is ok by me. Christmas is coming quickly - can't keep track of the days.

11/12 Jan or 17/18 Jan is ok for me.

KU's picture

Hi LLady

I know your post is quite old now (2013) but I too am searching for an Sydney eastern suburbs support group for stepmothers, and can't seem to find anything suitable.

How have you found the journey since you suggested setting up a group 4 years ago?

KU

luchay's picture

Smile Perhaps we should have our own Melbourne meet-up!

I'm WAY out in the SE Relle, what about you?

luchay's picture

Will talk to you later - about to do the school pick up - with a 24 cupcake owl tree for dd8's class.

Questioning my sanity now, how am I going to get it to the school with NO kids in the car to hold it LMAO