You are here

Step son is disrespectful...

worriedmomof5's picture

A little background....I have 3 children 15 (boy), 13 (boy) and 10 (girl). My daughter lives with us fulltime my sons are 50-50. My spouse has 2 boys 8 and 15, the oldest lives with us fulltime. The oldest has no relationship with his BM. She does not come to his hockey games, school functions etc. Unfortunetly he has some of her traits (more than not). He is negative about everything, defiant and disrespectful. I have asked all the kids not to eat in the living room. On Monday I came home and he was eating there. I asked why he said he forgot...fine..I gave him that one. The next day I come home and he had been eating in the living room. I ask him why and he says he doesnt care. Last night a 1:30AM (kids had a PD day) I smell something burning so I go downstairs and he is sitting on the couch...I asked him what he was cooking he looks straight at me and says "Im boiling water fro oatmeal" first thing he hates oatmeal second we have an electric kettle. So I peeked around the corner and there's a pot on the stove, I asked him what it was he says spaghetti. I asked him why he was eating spaghetti at 1:30AM he says because he's hungry. Fine I say, just dont eat in the living room. I go back up to bed and about 20 min later I hear banging etc in the kitchen...I go back downstairs and here he is eating in the livingroom. I went over turned off the TV and told him to go downstairs. If that had been one of my own kids the spaghetti would have been in the garbage. So this morning I tell my husband and he says I heard everything (I thought he was sleeping). Spo I ask him what he's going to do and he says I Hear this everyday and storms upstairs. I left for work. I dont know what to do anymore. I love my husband but this constant negativity is really draining.Help??

Auteur's picture

"he forgot"

Classic!
Translation: I don't care about your rules!

If your DH is not supportive of house rules then it's time to climb aboard the DISENGAGEMENT express!