You are here

SS15 and BM call the shots

helen17's picture

Thank you sooo much- I thought I was on my own with this and going crazy! I have been reading since yesterday and at last feel that I am not alone and some kind of evil SM.
I am 40, have 3 bio kids (18, 13 and 9) who live with me and my partner. I also have a 15SS who lives here too and always has since his BM left him with my partner 5 yrs ago. She is horrible, had loads of affairs, left the boy with anyone to go partying and now has her own business but claims poverty so she doesn't have to pay any money to us. She demands when she sees him, never sticks to access and generally calls all the shots.
Anyway the bottom line is I despise SS. He is rude, lazy, selfish, immature and rules this house. My own 3 kids have been bbrought up to work hard at school, be respectful, help around the house and are disciplined nice kids who I am so proud of. This awful teen is ruining my life. He used to be ok and fit in well with my kids but basically he has been allowed to do whatever he wants by both Bio parents since he was 11 because 1) they feel guilty 2) it is easy and 3) he expects it now.
I feel sick every day because my partner actually admits that he will let him do what he wants and he will give him what he wants in order not to 'lose him to her'. He already has because she controls him already. I cook, clean, care, attend school and work full time to support this boy. I get NOTHING in return from him except disrespect which his father will not comment on ( he once said if I showed the boy respect I'd get some back WTF???).
My probs are;
-I hate being in this house when SS is here (he turns up whenever so my kids and I never have any routine in our lives.
-I hate BM and how she gets everything she wants, we always change plans to suit her.
- why won't my partner divorce her after 5 yrs?
- why won't he stick up for this family?
- why is SS allowed to be spoilt brat?
- why does he get away with everything?
-why does it wind me up so much. Partner tells me to let it go and that it is ME that is ruining this family? He sya I LET his ex ruin our relationship(surely thats him).
Oh I have sooo much more to say, but its so good just to make a start and what is eating away at me.
Thanks for listening. They make ME feel like I am the bad one because I can't accept this situatio-partner just keeps saying they are a package and BM is SS mum so I either accept it or leave.

helen17's picture

ps. I have posted on other sites and been labelled as 'evil' for having these thoughts about a stepchild. They have never been in my shoes and most are not step parents or parents. Basically I felt even more like a monster as they told me that I should be supporting the child not hating him. But if I ever question his behaviour I am horrible and making him uncomfortable in his own home (partners words), so its good to read that I'm not alone in feeling this way!

Soon-to-be-Step-Mommy's picture

You have been with your partner for 5 years, and he is still married to his ex? WHY?!! My husband was technically still married when I met him, but he was divorced within a year, and even that was toooo long for me. Sounds like your man does not respect you or the house you share at all. First off, he is married to another woman. Secondly, he has admitted he will let his son rule the roost and do whatever he wants, disrespecting YOU in the process. Don't you think you deserve a little more?

helen17's picture

Yes I do. Scaringly I'm in the same postion I was 6 yrs ago when I left my alcoholic ex....he didn't seem to have any respect for our relationship either....sure can pick 'em. Guess thats why I've held on, the thought of going thru all that again is daunting. We're not married, so financially this time round I'm in no mans land. BIG DECISION TO MAKE. Thanks for yr comments.