You are here

SD kisses Dad on mouth

Txstepmom2012's picture

:jawdrop:

Maybe in some households, this is normal. I, however, was NOT raised kissing either of my parents on the mouth. We are affectionate but stick to hugs and cheek kisses. SD10 started kissing my husband on the mouth a few years ago and I find it repulsive. In my mind, mouth kissing is for spouses, not kids and parents. I just wanted to see if this is maybe more common than I realize?

MamaDuck's picture

My BD11, BS9 and BS7 all kiss me on the lips still, they even kiss each other on the lips and close extended family.

I am 29, my Dad is 51, and Mom 50, I still kiss them on the lips.

It seems 'normal' to us, not at all like kissing a spouse, even when I give SO a quick peck on the lips it's different, I touch his face, there is eye contact etc, don't do that with family.

oncechoosetosmile's picture

I don't like that either.My kids give me cuddles which I like.Kisses on lips are for spouses imo.

hereiam's picture

My niece is almost 11 and she kisses me and my husband on the lips (we are like her second set of parents). It is a very quick, very closed lip kiss. No big deal.

Jessica_Strickland's picture

When the kids are little this is normal... But 10 is getting to old to kiss mom's & dad's on the lips. At that age lip kisses should be for spouses only!

BSgoinon's picture

^^^Same with me^^^

Never understood the big deal. In many cultures it is the norm even for grown men to do so. I think if it isn't meant to be or made to be perverse, then it is a non issue.

My dad still occasionally kisses me and my sisters on the mouth. In his mind we are still his little girls. I am the youngest and I am 35. Guess we are weird.

Igiveupsotornupinside's picture

I see nothing wrong with it even at 10. I am pretty sure it will stop as they near teens. Then it will just be hugs and if there is a kiss, then on the cheek. My Dad still gives me bear hugs, since I was a kid we did that and I do it with my daughters. We hug really tight and make a grrr sound! I love that! Smile

Katie8's picture

I kiss my kids on the mouth...totally normal. But now that my girls are a bit older 12/14 I started kissing on the cheek. But my son is 10 still kiss him on the mouth...it's a peck...not inappropriate.