You are here

SD had lice, no one told us

Jellybean76@hotmail.ca's picture

Stepdaughter had lice, sometime between visits. Bio mom never told us. Ask stepdaughter anything she is 8 and cannot answer anything because she has been trained to say nothing. Finally figured out sometime in past 3 weeks. She shows back up at our house with still egg shell carcases in her hair. My husband goes out at 9pm to get a comb for lice (althought there was only old eggs) and the 2 of them have a gay old time keeping everyone awake in the house as she is talking at the top of her lungs and yelling. 45 minutes of this when I still have to wait for them to get out of the bathroom so I can put my son to bed whos room is beside the bathroom and I blew up. I swore. I am so frustrated. I stormed down the hall, Maybe if they were quieter. Maybe if their bio mom was not such an asshole. I can't handle much more of this stress. I probably won't survive this step thingy much longer. I can't control my anger anymore. I apologized to my stepdaughter, it was not her fault. Although she could have been quieter, it is her game playing mother.

Lalena75's picture

In over a year and a half I can't even count the number of times SO's dd has had lice, not just egg carcasses big fat lice, sent home from school so many times for lice and/or nits. BM has never ever told us. We now keep lice shampoo on hand and it's SO's job to check her hair every time she gets here. 8 out if 10 checks she has them. Which means treat her hair and every morning SO has to wash her blankets, pillow and treat her bedding. After they go back to BM's I treat the whole house. She's not allowed stuffed animals here both their coats are washed on arrival and their shoes sprayed with lice spray.
They've had weeks they'd come covered in flea and bed bug bites.
We have never had any lice, my pets are regularly treated for fleas and none of their stuff goes beyond the laundry room on arrival. Just expect it BM will never tell you.

blending2012's picture

yep, BM sends both of her girls to our house with lice all the time. we have been battling the lice since the SUMMER. we do the lice treatments, but BM doesn't. she did make sure they got sent to Christmas mass with us in the nicest little outfits - they sure did look pretty as they sat there scratching their heads the whole time.