You are here

Is this PAS?

songchef's picture

I have been looking up Parental Alienation Syndrome and not sure if my BF's story fits. Its more of a very evil intentioned X who has made it nearly impossible for him to see his daughter. We are getting ready to battle visitation out in court and it would be helpful to get as much info as we can. He signed divorce papers that damned him from the start. In the paper work it states that both of them will agree on who BF is to be with while with his daughter. Now this was brought on by her claim he is a drug addict and that is just not the case. He does have to take pain meds on occasion for his back, but thats about it. She also thinks taking a vitamin in front of daughter is abuse, so you get the picture. Im not sure this fits with PAS...I can see how it might in time though and would love to find studies or facts or proof that rely facts of BM's making it impossible (but not according to what was written in the final divorce) She has made it so he can only see her at the marital house or with her Mom and Dad or his sister who lives 4 hours away. Now tell me if that is not trying to alienate his daughter from him! But is it PAS? His daughter doesnt hate him or act out. Its been 3 years and daughter is having a hard time with the divorce and in my eyes, it is because she isnt allowed time with just Dad. Its sick really. I fear years of court (and she has taken him back for money issues at least 1 time a month for the past 3 years. What a mess. Why cant it just be in the best interest of the child? For petes sake, I have been more then willing to communicate with BM but of course I am lower then scum to her. It makes it worse that I had been in his life and almost married him years ago....long story but Im sure it makes matters worse in that BM has told him, next girlfriend, make it someone I dont know. We dont "know" each other but she knows all about me from our past. I have posted another that might describe some more but I wanted to add this one as well. Anyway, I really did try to keep this short! :/ Any thoughts?

soverysad's picture

delete

livinthedream's picture

In the beginning we get so involved with custody,exes & court preceedings. Along the superfun SM highway, I have learned it was all a big waste of my time to get so involved in his B.S. Let me tell you that if he gets custody....you will have to deal with skids 24/7. That might seem like fun now...BUT WAIT. Enjoy time apart from skids...cuz its peaceful & fun.

songchef's picture

Thank you for the replies. He is going for visitation and did not get custody. He only wants visits without restrictions from X.
soverysad, thank you for sharing your story! It is good to hear that someone has been down this road and it worked out. Is there a way you could message me on this forum? I would love any info you received from the Psych. or any other thoughts you have would be great!

livinthedream, I can imagine the struggles in the future. It has gotten alot better now that there is a lawyer to handle so much of the BS.

Thanks again you guys!