You are here

Parenting issues...

Mommagpz-dk's picture

So my SS8 and SS6 have always been pretty rowdy...stabbing holes in the trampoline the first time they stayed over for example... but it seems to be getting worse. They have recently done everything from throwing toys around and generally making messes to trying to light the grass on fire and shattering a glass cup with a hammer. Then theres of course issues with lying and stealing the simple rule of "if its not urs dont touch it without asking" seems to be impossible to get across... yelling at them for playing with the same keepsake present and scratching it up, denting it etc 3 times within less than 24hrs...throwing my kids stuffed animals into the trees only reachable via broom handle... its just getting ridiculous. worse of of course is that my 5yr old daughter is repeating the behavior and it seems my 2 yr old and 1 yr old may also b catching on, hitting, screaming, throwing things...amidst all this my SS8 tells me his bio mom uses the hot sauce on the tounge and biting off a chunk of the bar of soar as punishment, tho my FDH discussed it wen he dropped them off to her today and to my amazment...as im told...she agreed it wasnt the best approach and said her and her bf would talk about it and stop using those methods. bio mom also reported the same behavioral issues at their house. Ive implemented a reward system...chores, bells in the cup for good behavior, time outs and or losing a bell for bad behavior bells can be used for privledges like tv and games etc. which works...so long as we dont take our eyes off of them for more than 5 mins. blah i dunno. 5 kids is hard enough especially so close in age but this acting out is getting to be overwhelming. we tried spending more time with them, talking to them calmly etc, and it helps but at the same time, theyve been acting out so much that its hard to want to do stuff like bedtime stories or family time etc. i mean it seems counterproductive to have them act badly and then give them family time 5 mins later?! i dunno. any ideas? im losing my mind here lately.

christinen's picture

Are there any consequences for their bad behavior? They need to know their behavior is not acceptable in your home and will not be tolerated.