You are here

no support from partner!!!

debzwiltshire's picture

Hia everyone I am new to this site and wondering if any 1 has same issue,s?? Few years ago I met a lovely man we dated etc and moved it we were so very happy even tho I had my own prob,s with my son ( post divorce ) he has 2 boys the eldest refused to eat anything at my house and his dad never said anything!!! His 2nd son has since moved in with us ( my ) house as he wanted to he's now 15 as his mum re married as she had affair,she then had 2 more children with her hubby and a stepson from her hubbys previous marridge complicated isn't it so at 1st when SS moved in I gave it my 110percent to make him feel welcome,school work,days out,my family treated him as there own granchild! To cut a long! Story short over the years ss behaviour troubled me as naughty at school teacher said he can b manipulative etc!!!!!! Any time ss badly behaved etc partner ALWAYS undermined me has never supported me with regards to his child! Instead of talking to me 1st he,d just allow his son to get away and reward bad behaviour! Even head master called my partner to say u must b united front atherwize it just won't work! I've tried so many,many times to talk to partner how I feel with regards to SS and due to his non support ss can do/say what he like regardless!!!!! Ss has no respect for my home or anything in it the other day he was asked to keep eye on dogs 4 10minz whilst his dad got me from work! Hmmmmm got back to dog getting most of the shoes etc and as dog is still young shredded paperwork up witch was important to my daughter,s bf then yesterday partner got me from work got home good job we didn't go shopping!!!!! As grill was used,left on,grill shut tight so smoke and stink threw house yet SS didn't seem to care what he did! He's not a baby!!!! His dad simply said he was making a toastie WTF!!!!!! I flew! Yet was me partner yelled at jeeeeezzzzz!!!!! Its like this all the time I feel so used he has a problem @ night breathing heavy/snoring so he sleeps on sofa as I've had enough he has gone to dr 3 times in 4 years re: this surley if he wants relationship he would get of ass and sort it out????? So also SS see,s daddy on sofa what does that say to ss!!! I feel so used tbh and partners ex wife just listens to ss lies, and I'm fairly sure partner lies to her aswell my gut feeling is she can't have her son back as she has 2 small kids + 1 18 year old and 1 15 year old ss so no room now for her kid to move back!!! I don't feel she will listen or believe what's going on but many yrs ago she sat in my lounge as we used to get on bu now I distance myself from her and her child! She said she left her ex ( my ) partner as sick of him sticking head in sand I remember this as if yesterday! + she only! Let ss move in as he get structure,routine,disiplin !!!!!! What a joke I loved ss as he were my own for a long time until had 1 2 many slaps in face ( not ) literaly I'm not perfect no 1 is but in partners eyes child can do no wrong at all treats him like a 3 year old!!! I have said to partner if things do not improve etc ss has to move back with mum I said this 8mths ago yet still waiting 4him to man up and tell his ex!!!! Said it other day too he's not listning! I'm guna have to tell her myself I think!! We used to b so in love!!!!! Recent visit to my dr,s he asked whatevers wrong I poured it all out he said sounds to me like ss had a game plan from day 1 to split us up and have dad to himself that won't work as he doesn't earn enough to rent a place I pay most of the bills too and I'm finding it tough to work as recently diagnosed with fibro and arthritis of hip I'm also on lots of medz and stress makes pain worse I just want something to give but fear it will never happen so not much choice but to send him back with mum then ( if ) we can save relationship fine but I don't know if we will ever b same again he never tries to better himself or look 4 new job,never takes interest in deccorating ( our ) home! Had recent op on hand + arm yet was my 18yrs old daughter who cared 4me he just took+collected me from hospital gave me no care! My b day got a candle lucky me!!!!!!!!!!!! Any1 have same issues????? Debz xxx.

Disneyfan's picture

I understand why you want the SS out, but why are you keeping the dad?? :?

You're paying most of the bills.
He won't parent his son.
He didn't help you post op

BM has told you why she left him. If he's treating you the way he treated her, then the chances if him changing are slim to none.

Putting his son out won't make him earn more money, contribute more financial support or care about your health/well being.

You don't deserve to be treated this way.

jillybean's picture

I agree with Disneyfan! I've been in both situations. Where I parent all the children and get no help. I took care of everything and got no help! I asked for more physical, more time for us to help us come together and NOTHING! I asked him to change for 4yrs and NOTHING!!! We no longer are together. I made him leave and he even took some of my stuff!!!

These kind of people never bring anything but their baggage. They leach off you, use you and then try to justify everything they do. You need to look to yourself and ask one question. If nothing ever changed could you live like this for the rest of your life? You deserve better.