New here

Pemblel's picture

HI, I'm new to this site. I've been looking for a support system for awhile now. I'm newly engaged to my wonderful fiance, we have been together 2.5 years. We just moved in together 7 weeks ago He has 2 kids, 14 year old daughter, 7 year old son, I have two girls ages 11,7. To say it's been a big adjustment would be an understatement. I want to know about other people and their jealous issues in regards to the ex wife. I keep reading how people have "first family" jealousy. I KNOW my fiance loves me and my kids, and he has a good relationship with his ex (good for the kids) but I feel like every time I turn around, she's at my house for one reason or another! I'm polite and try and have a decent relationship for the sake of their kids, but on the inside I'm having a really hard time. I'm feeling confused.

lil_lady's picture

You need to communicate with FH how you feel. And here you will get a resounding NO DONT LET HER! She should not be in your home especially if you don't want her to be. That is your home a place where you should feel comfortable. You shouldn't have to get used to it or bend over backwards. It sounds like some boundaries need to be set because if you don't do that now it will continue. Then FH will be upset that you didn't bring them up sooner and wonder why it is all of the sudden an issue a few months down the road.