You are here

The nerve!

kishjo2004's picture

So, BM crossed the line yet again. Hubby told her that sd10 must be picked up bc I had a dr's appt. Her response to him was, "Well, where are the other kids (bio kids)going to go?" Hubby explained that they were going with me to the dr, and that she needs to pick up sd10 and that's that.

She shows up to pick her up and politely asks me to talk (this is new). I agree and she bursts into tears about how she feels that sd10 is left out and we don't treat her fairly/equally as our bio kids. I remained calm (as best as I could) and pointed out everything that we do.

*Visit's are supposed to be EOW, we have her every weekend, plus an additional 3 or 4 days.
*I watch sd10 so that she can go to work and she won't have to be home alone...every week.
*I make sure that she is included in every family outing, event, etc.
*We just got back from vacation and sd10 whined, pouted, and misbehaved the entire time.

At this point, I'm going back to the bare minimum. I'm no longer going out of my way to help BM!

kishjo2004's picture

It always seems like what we do is never enough. It's not our fault that she works crazy shifts and has a hard time finding a sitter! We can't always be the only option for her.

kishjo2004's picture

We don't have an rofr. She really gets under my skin. There's a fine line between favor and obligation. It's as if she doesn't understand that I don't have to do anything that I do. As long as she's returned fed, clothed, and clean, I've done my job.

kishjo2004's picture

I only take them when I can't find a sitter. My midwife doesn't mind, she even let's them help her. I don't mind watching her as long as I don't have plans, but it's starting to become a habit. SD10 is rarely with hubby, she's always with me (hubby has a crazy work schedule) Also, on the day in question, BM wasn't even at work. She's going to have to find another option now, bc I'm done getting used.

kishjo2004's picture

I was a bit upset too. I've told him before that he does not owe her an explanation. He likes to avoid conflict and is just as sick of her bs as I am. I could tell that she was trying to start an argument with him and he simply disconnected the call. He's come a long way bc he used to actually sit and argue with her.

at whits end with ss's picture

I am currently going through this same type of situation with my DH. My ss8 BM is a horrid wrench. She kidnapped him to another state for 3 years and we recently regained custody. Once BM moved back to the state she started requesting visitations (a side note she completed destroyed this child in those 3 years, he acts 2 and gets poop in his pants daily). When he was out of state we offer to buy plane tickets for visitation and she simply said "no". Anyways, now that she is back he is so freaking nice to her and I don't understand. A few months ago he wanted to kill her and now he is bending over backwards for her. Is so bad that he said to me the other day, "why don't we just give BM SS8's bed so he as a place to sleep when hes there". Um...NO, we have full custody where is going to sleep while he is HERE most of the time...........URRRGGGHHHH I hate being a SM

kishjo2004's picture

That's normally something that I would say but I've been avoiding getting worked up (I'm pregnant). I've been dwelling on it all week and I talked to DH about it then he got upset that she would even approach me about it. It's time that we go back to what the court order says.

newbiemommy's picture

BMs never think we do enough for their precious spawn. They still wouldnt be happy if we were treating them better than our own. Give me a break.

kishjo2004's picture

I'm starting to see that more and more. I used to be a "stonewall" towards BM but as I got older and for the sake of DH's sanity and mine, I've been a bit more tolerable than I should.

kishjo2004's picture

BM has gotten a little better on pick ups. She used to have all sorts of excuses and DH would fall for it. I fussed at him for wasting gas driving back and forth while she sat on her ass.

christinen's picture

2 things- 1. It’s none of BM’s business what you are doing with YOUR kids. If you want to take them with you, take them. They are YOUR kids. If you don’t want to take SD, so what, she’s not your kid. I would never take SD with me to a doctor’s appointment, but would have no problem taking my own child if I needed or just wanted to. And 2. You and your DH should not be “babysitting” for BM. If it is her time to have SD and she has something she needs to do, she needs to find her own babysitter. That is just ridiculous. I would not have that. She can call her own friend or family member, not your husband. You should put your foot down with that! My DH works in heating and air conditioning, and not too long ago, BM called him & asked him to fix her air conditioner LOL I said nope, we aren’t doing her any favors, she better look up a company in the phone book. Not our problem. She also used to ask DH to take SD when it wasn’t his week if she had something to do, but I put an end to that real quick. Now she calls DH’s mom & she says yes, but I have no control over that. At least it’s not happening in my house.

kishjo2004's picture

I agreed to watch her addtl days bc DH begged me too. (He was also off on those days, so it was not that bad.) I used to save those days to run my errands. DH has a completely diff schedule now and it all falls on me. NO MORE! I declined today and it's going to be that way from now on.

at whits end with ss's picture

Well if you have a court ordered agreement, like you mentioned in earlier post; I would use that as an excuse. It sounds like becuase you were ordered every other weekend that you are the party paying child support. If she wants you to "babysit" for her then she should at least have to pay you for it. YOu are already paying her monthly for the care of the child. That is ridiculous, or at least redo the agreement for a lesser amount of child support because it sounds to me that you and your DH are providing more support for SD that BM is.