You are here

My horrible step son

stepmomofsatan's picture

I have two young step sons. One is 8 years old and is the nicest kid around, gives me very little trouble. The other is 5 and completely poisoned by his mom. She is supposed to be a Muslim, she stopped wearing hijaab, tells the kid I stole hers, she tells him its ok for him to say "What the hell" and "ass" etc and that its not really swearing. He tells his father he's "pissed off because he can't watch horror movies and that bull crap" at our home. Mind you, my husband feels guilty that he "left them" when he moved out of their psychotic mothers house and so he doesn't discipline them at all! I am always the bad one because we have a 2 year old daughter with another baby on the way and I really really hate this kid! I feel bad saying it, I know its haraam what I am saying but this kid gets under my skin like no other. He stays up late, drinks soda and if that isn't all, my husband sleeps in the room with them when they stay over which is A LOT because their mom is so irresponsible that I am left raising her foul mouthed brat who argues with me, thinks he is grown and my husband has no spine! I really hate this kid like no other. I don't know what to do...

oneoffour's picture

Is there anything you can say within your faith? Or do? Or are your hands tied?

One thing that DOES work for 5 yr olds is to ignore them. Ot tell him having a potty mouth will only get him into trouble at school. If he wants to carry on this way you don't care. But his teachers in school and older kids will not like it. He is likely to get beaten up before too long. But if he feels that he has to be rude and misbehave, well then you can't take him anywhere or drive him anywhare or dd anything for him. In fact tell his father that in future if he isn't home you cannot take care of a 5 yr old he allows to mistreat women. If his faith is so important then he shouldn't be allowing his son to disrespect his wife.

I cannot tolerate people who use one part of their religon and ignore other important parts. Like treating woemn well and not allowing them to be mistreated.

Rags's picture

I do not believe your feelings are haraam. They are honest, you recognize that they are a challenge for you and you do not perpetrate any harm on the Skid that irritates you so much. You care for him; you set an example of a strong marriage, a respectful family and a caring environment in your home.

Far from haraam, your actions are halal IMHO.

Hang in there, bukrah will be better.

Best regards,

foxxystep's picture

Wow, its nice to know that i can converse with other Muslims with regard to parenting issues. I am Christian, but my So is Muslim, and i think a large part of me not understanding his unnatural blind dedication to his child could be due to our religious differences. What's the position of a wife vs. kids in Islam? I know that the door of heaven rests at his mothers feet (and I respect it), but does the key to that door rest in his childs hands?

somerg's picture

with all due respect, there is NOTHING stopping you from letting even the FIVE year old watch horror movies in YOUR home...if he wants to and is mature enough and you guys are ok with the type of horror flick, then by ol means plug it in Wink

bm has no control over what MOVIE you let him watch

foxxystep's picture

just a question: is it normal to expose children to horror movies. Something inside of me screams that they don't have the emotional capacity to deal with the fear that these kinds of movies instill. i would never let my BD3 watch anything that's not age-appropriate. Maybe that's the point stepmomofsatan is implying; that its not age appropriate. The PG rating on horrors are 18 and up.... unless in the USA its different.