You are here

My ex who's is not BM continues to see my kids when she knows I'm not ok with it

Brokenazzguy's picture

First post.

My fiance dumped me a month ago. We got into a drunken fight and she ended up punching me in the face twice, slapped me once across the face, and put a giant scratch on my neck. I was way too drunk to leave our home. I tried twice. So I ended up getting on her lap and holding her so she couldn't keep hitting me until my mom got there to pick me up. Her daughter saw me on her lap and called the cops so I got arrested and charged with domestic assault. I know what I did was wrong. I just didn't want to continue getting hit. I built my entire life around that relationship and literally lost everything once I got out of jail. Once I got out, I got my phone and she texted me while I was in jail, "you don't deserve this. My heart hurts for you". "I fucked everything up this is all my fault". "I wish I had a time machine so I could go back and undo this". Fast forward to now she only relayed those messages to me and told everyone else that I was trying to kill her. So yeah, she dumped me and threw me to the streets. I was very close with her daughter. I was almost going to adopt her. She asked me to every day. I loved her and really cared for her and treated her like my own kid. I miss her so much. That relationship was stolen from me. Turns out my fiance had been wanting to leave me. This was her out. I got to look like the bad guy so she could play the victim. Her daughter refuses to speak to me because her mom told her that I was trying to kill her. My guess is she did that so her daughter would move on from me and hate me instead of the alternative which is, her moping around that she misses me and wants to see me. She was 11 and I've known her since she was 4. So now I dont get to see or talk to her and yet my ex is continuing to see my kids, befriended their mother (whom I thought my ex fiance hated) to continue seeing them and even has them stay at her house when they are supposed to be having time at their mothers. I told my kids about what happened that night. That she was abusing me. She has always been abusive to me. I have multiple pictures over the years of countless black eyes and huge scratch marks on my arms and chest. She has tried stabbing me with a knife, hit me in the head with a hammer, and thrown liquor bottles at me. (I know you all wanna scream at me that I should have gotten out of there a long time ago. I put myself in therapy to figure my stuff out.) But she even told my kids that I was trying to kill her and for whatever reason they just don't seem to care. They are taking her side because to them it was me who ended up going to jail and not them. She cut me out of her daughter's life yet continues to see my kids. This hurts alot. Im starting to resent my own kids but I keep telling myself that they are just kids and don't know any better. Why is she still seeing my kids if she wanted me gone. She didnt mind my son but she never had anything good to say about my daughter which always bothered me. But now we broke up and she is pretending like she cared about them so much the whole time. She is well aware of how much it bothers me. Her and their BM both! But they don't care. It seems like they are just out to get me and hurt me as much as possible. Their BM is having a huge parade about all of this because my son was just about to move back in with me and this all happened so she is jumping for joy that she can refuse that now because I'm in legal trouble. Im screwed. Life sucks. Everything hurts. It feels like the world is out to get me. Im not a bad guy. I dont know what to do anymore. I'm so down and depressed and everyone just wants to keep kicking me while I'm down. Please help? Why is it fun for people to torture other people. I put my heart and soul into her. Built my entire life around her and for her. She started an onlyfans 2 days after we broke up and is already seeing a new guy. This is so much for me to deal with. Why do nice guys always finish last? The way she is talking about me to everyone has destroyed any reputation I had. I stayed in the relationship long enough for the monster to become the victim and the victim to become the monster. Cray 2 life is not fair.

lieutenant_dad's picture

Get a protective order that covers both you and the kids. That will legally prevent her from contacting them and you. If she does contact them, even through your ex, report it. Speak with a domestic violence group, too, about the situation and see if they have further suggestions.

weightedworld's picture

If you are in the states chances are there is an automatic restraining order already in place. 

She is more than likely trying to taunt and bait you. 

Quit letting it bother you to the point you are saying something about it (keep it to yourself and a close/trusted friend) and it will stop quicker than it would otherwise. 

Trust me.. she is having a harder time than you are being completely shut off so she is trying to get to you in any way she can. Jealousy? Immediate loss of control? She's strugglin.. let her. Next time you have the kids take them on a good and fun adventure so the next time she has them they can tell her all about it when she asks and watch the shit show unfold.