You are here

Justin Bieber Concert

AFMOM's picture

Ok, my SD loves JB. She got my two into his music as well. We now can't drive in the car, clean the house, or even go for a walk without one of his songs playing. Well, for my kids bday's, I got them JB tickets. I'm telling you my DDs gave me mom of the year in hugs and kisses. Well, my SD is very upset. But like I told her, if she was here, that would have been her bday present too. Her BM was wanting me to buy her tickets for her state. But that would require me buying her 2 b/c she doesn't have a job. I don't feel guilty for taking my children there. They are good girls, and have every right to go. Our lives WILL NOT be put on hold till the summers when the SD is here. That is not fair for my DDs. Life still goes on...

So my question is, do I get her something while we are there. I always get her stuff and mail it once a month. Would it be wrong for me to get her something from there, like I'm rubbing it in her face? Would it be wrong for me not to get her soemthing, like we just don't care? I know either way, I'm a monstor in her BMs eyes, and I'm sure my SO will hear about it. But I do not care what her BM thinks. I'm not sure what the right answer is. I think I should get her something, but will that more than likely upset her?

IronRose's picture

Awwww. Poor kid. I think she'd like a JB concert T-shirt. And you could let your SD know, if JB ever comes while she's on a visit, that you'll be sure to take her. Maybe?

How much would it be for a pair of nose-bleeds for your SD? It's so hard to make everyone happy....Maybe your DH would spring for a pair of tickets for his DD?

AFMOM's picture

I sure did. I also got her One Direction tickets for next summer. I hope that is an okay substitution. I told her mom about tickets, back when we talked. But they sold out in 30 minutes. I wasn't going to buy her tickets for her and then her mom say she needed gas money and a hotel and all that like she did last time. Live and Learn...

Disneyfan's picture

Your SD lives 2000 miles away. Why did anyone tell her about the concert?

There is no reason for her to know what goes on in your home when she is with her mom.

SDs 5 and 7 live 10 minutes away and SD 15 lives 500 miles away. None of them know what happens here when they are gone.

Disneyfan's picture

AFMOM's picture

She was here when it was my DDs birthday in May and got the tickets for the tour that starts this month. It was a present just not a spirt of the moment treat.

AFMOM's picture

Right, Wrong, or Indifferent - that was their bday presents. I'm not going to give them more than I can afford, and that was a present. My SD will get her One Direction tickets on her bday for next summer.

IronRose's picture

Sounds like a great substitution. Biggrin
What a great SM you are for thinking of your SD, esp if she's 2000 miles away. Biggrin
You sound like you're very kind! One Direction should be awesome.

Sometimes, just before the show, other tickets come up for sale, too bad BM has her hand out for extras. What a greedy &!t(#!

It's just soo hard for skids to understand. Last year, SD16 wanted to go see "Marianis Trench", but it was actually another concert, with Marianis Trench as the opening act. We live out in the country, and the concert was in the middle of winter. Ugh. Not to mention, that band played for FREE at the big fair just a few months before.

We told her no, and she pitched the biggest fit ever! But, y'know, we all survived! }:)