You are here

Just go home already!! :(

Mpjcmom's picture

Here it is Sunday afternoon and, as usual, I can't wait for SD12 to go home!! She literally uses EVERY single clean towel there is in the girls' bathroom! She has to use 2 each time she showers, and now she is using them to go "lay out" in the backyard. Ugh! I have tried gently talking to her and DH about this before (i.e., can you please re-use towels instead of grabbing a new one every time?!?). They acted like they heard me, but apparently not. Ugh! I am sick and tired of cleaning up after her. She is a slob. Clothes everywhere, all over her bedroom floor (which I am not touching, btw). This child has no activities outside of school, only a few questionable friends, and her grades "suck" (to quote SD12 herself). I try to find redeeming qualities in this child, but having a hard time doing that right now.... Sad

needingpeace's picture

You can try some stuff that I have done with evil SD. If she leaves dishes in my sink, I put them on her bed. If she leaves her shoes at my front door, I put them outside (hopefully it is raining). If she puts her laundry in with mine, I take it out and throw it on her bedroom floor. I am not her slave.

Jellybeam's picture

What does your DH think about that? I take it that HE never tells SD to clean up after herself, and neither does my Dh, but if I put dirty dishes in my SD's bed, all hell would break loose! I have done other things, but nothing as extreme as you have. I'd love to, but Dh would be irate! Even though he acts like he doesn't notice how Sd trashes the house. She is getting better because we had a family meeting about it, but before that, it was like Sd did stuff on purpose just to piss me off.

oldone's picture

I'd let her used towels dry out and put them back w/o washing them. See how long it takes her to figure out they haven't been washed - weeks, months?

TASHA1983's picture

I have been done trying to find "redeeming" qualities about skidmark a LONG time ago...and have no interest or desire to waste my time/energy doing so ever again...that would be 1 nano second too much of my life wasted that I could never get back!!! Wink }:)

Just saying.... Smile

Smomof3's picture

Before she leaves empty the washer and make her collect all of her towels and put them in and start the washer. She'll get the idea.