You are here

Just go away already...

thatchic2324's picture

Sybil, the DH's ex, keeps threatening to take the kids to Florida. And although I would hate to see my hubs be sad, our life would be so much simpler. When we don't have my skids for a week or two our lives are harmonious. We have schedule and routine, we have fun, we do things. There's little to no whining. Our kids are up for new things. It's parental bliss. But every single time they're here it's nothing but whining and complaining and bitching and moaning. This is boring/stupid/gay/retarded... ugh. Their voices make me cringe. BM keeps threatening to move to Florida. Does it make me super evil stepmonster to wish she would just follow through? I know my hubs and he's not one to fight too hard. Even if it's important to him. *note* pretty sure she still has at least one of his balls in a jar on her mantle* Just go away and leave us in peace to move on. I suffer from what my dr's are pretty sure is lupus and i've been diagnosed bipolar for over 10 years. The stress they cause me puts my health, mental and physical, at risk. It almost makes me hate them. God I feel like such a horrible person. How do I make this better? Anyone.... anyone? Beuhler...? Beuhler? :sick:

luchay's picture

My SO's ex has best friends on the other side of the country and she regularly takes the skids there for holidays.... every time they go I cross my fingers and think "please!!" Find it so wonderful you want to move. Better still, meet someone and freaking move there!!!

So, you are not horrible or awful..... or maybe we all are... Smile

Sparkler's picture

I found myself wishing the other day that the Ex would emigrate and take her devil spawn with her, I know it would make hubby sad but god my life would improve greatly.....

ctnmom's picture

Yes, your life and health would improve by leaps and bounds, and no, don't feel guilty. We moved when my 2 oldest were babies, even though I was lonely and had no friends in our new state it was heaven just having to deal with my own little family. Then 3 MONTHS LATER CTBB(SS)set a fire and got into a load of trouble and came to stay with us fulltime. *sigh*

christinen's picture

I am with you 100%! If BM packed up and moved SD across the country, I would throw a party!

love_tarnished's picture

You are not a bad person. I love it when my SS spends the night somewhere else. My husband and I and my BD get along fine. When my SS is not here, then my husband feels comfortable enough to be a dad to her and joke around. When SS is here, I guess he feels disloyal if he shows affection to my daughter. IDK. I just know there is a lot less stress when his pouting face isn't here. We want to move to Arizona or Colorado and he said he is not coming with us - period! His Grandmother said she could move in with her if we moved. Man, that was motivation for me right there to start aggressively looking for a job!! Anyone know of any openings for an Marketing Manager?? Smile

cookiecat's picture

I'm with you 100% also. It is so much quieter at home when it's just my two and no SD. She always hogs attention with her dad. It's hard for me to sit next to him without her plopping herself right on his lap and talking to him. (She's 9 and lives with us every other week). Plus, she whines, complains, and tries to bully my two into playing with her when they don't want to. She goes to her grandma's every summer. I love summertime! Smile So, no I don't think you're a bad person for having those thoughts.