You are here

It just never ends this year.... looks like BM is finally going to get hers....

notthebradybunch6's picture

Well well well, she stepped in it this time. In my last post I talked about how my DH and his mother believe his kids are too good for free lunches. Well today with the help of the boys therapist we finally put it all together.

Initially my DH was irate because in the first 2 weeks of school we received a letter for his one son saying he was being accepted into the free lunch program because we were a part of the Food Stamp or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program. He was really angry and wanted to know when we got Food Stamps. I told him I didn't know anything about it and that I hadn't actually submitted the free lunch program application yet. I figured they just screwed up and some other kid with same name was the reason we got the letter. I told him to call and check on it, he never did. I wasn't all that concerned because I was going to apply for the free lunches anyway. A week later we got another letter for his other son. Again, thought it was weird because again I had not submitted the application.

Anyway, today I was talking to the therapist about the big fight last week and what the issues were, and I brought up how weird it was because his boys actually were accepted into the program before I even applied. She brought up the fact the "white trash" BM (she has had some interaction with my DH's ex-wife) likely applied for Food Stamps claiming the boys. It never even occurred to me, and it should have especially when in the last week she had the boys for the summer she asked DH for birth certificates and SS cards. I told him to tell her to get her own, since she does not and has not paid any child support for the last 6 years. She said she was opening a bank account in the boys name! What a load of BS. So after I left the therapist I called DH and told him what was discussed. He was fuming again.

When we both got home I called the Child Nutrition Services for the schools the kids attend, they said thay got the info out of a State Database. This answered one of our questions, becuase BM lives in another county, we had no idea how our county would get the info. So I called the county she lives in Department of Social Services. She not only claimed the boys were in her custody, but that she is unmarried, and she has been remarried for longer than DH and I have been married. Even gave false names for herself (used her maiden name) and for one of the boys (only gave second and last names). She must of doctored the paperwork my DH gave her.

CAN YOU BELIEVE the AUDACITY!!!!! :jawdrop: She does not even pay child support and the boys live here full time, and she is COLLECTING MONEY from the state for them!!!! I hope she goes to JAIL.

notthebradybunch6's picture

Hell yes I reported her. I am so sick of it. She acts like she is the best Mom ever yet lets me the Step-Mom pay for everything that supports her kids, and committs fraud to make money off of them. It's just SICK. The lowest of the low. My gullible DH can't defend her this time.

Justwantsomepeace's picture

Our BM did this too, don't expect her to get in much trouble. Most likely, they'll only stop benefits and make her repay the money. It can include jail time but I doubt they'll do it. We reported her 3 years in a row and she's never been to jail.

The first time, we called the school/county because they were getting free lunch, and they wouldn't talk to him or do anything about it because he wasn't the one receiving benefits. He has always had custody, they've never lived with her.

In fact they are still getting free lunch until it finally runs out next month. I guess they finally stopped giving her our tax $.