You are here

The Ignorant step shit part 1

wub901's picture

OK so it,s been a while since i posted on here mainly due to the fact that SD13 is now SD14 and things to a degree have settled down i think mainly due to SD14,s father has a steady relationship and it seems that when things affect him we pay for it from SD14 we still get the "But he is MY father shit" and the way SD14 speaks to her mother is quite frankly just plain disgusting an example would be her mother asking her to do something to which SD14 will reply "I will only do it if you say please if you don,t say please then i am not going to do it"

Now if i had spoken to my mum like that i would of had a severe butt whipping but it seems these day,s it is perfectly acceptable to speak to your parent,s or any adult like something that you have just scraped of your shoe.

I find her really rather annoying and manipulative find it hard to sit there as she talk,s to her mother like a piece of crap she,s came home yesterday after a weekend at her father,s did,nt say hi basically i must of been invisible as she spoke to everybody in the house apart from me and yet i am expected to go to work and feed this irritating child and put money towards her Xmas present,s.

She does nothing around the house apart from sit on her ass and watch TV or play on her brother,s XBOX her latest excuse when asked to do something is that she has homework and that is more important than doing chores around the house.

asnoraford's picture

Ok, I can tell you that it's not all children that are allowed to speak that way. My daughter tried that once, after watching some nonsense on tv, and I can tell you that it was the first and last time she tried it.

Not too many years ago, I was in your shoes. Here's what I needed to do in order to make it work. Your SD needs boundaries. Chores should not be negotiable. It is part of living in the house. Acknowledging the existence of all members of the family that live under your roof should not be negotiable. You need to bring in the biological parent to talk about these concerns so that you can come to an agreement on how this will be handled. What happens in another house is beyond your control, but I could not live for long with that happening. She should not be allowed to treat anyone in the house less than she would a teacher at school (respect, authority, following rules, politeness), and she should not be expected to contribute any less to the house than she would to her classroom (doing her homework, pushing in her chair, being a productive member of the learning community).

Doing whatever she wants and saying whatever she wants is not good for her.

Good luck.

Willow2010's picture

it seems these day,s it is perfectly acceptable to speak to your parent,s
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Nope...wrong. It is only acceptable if a bad parent allows it. And it sounds like your DW is not a very good parent. I hope you realize this is ALL a DW issue and not really a SD issue right?

BadNanny's picture

It's your wife's fault. My kids would never act like that- not toward me or their dads. Period. You are not her parent- her mom needs to step it up.

wub901's picture

Yes I agree it's her fault for enabling SD14 to act the way she does and I have told her this too many times to count!

Just yesterday SD14 had some sweets her mother mentioned about her offering me one so SD14 did I said yes but rather than hand me the sweet SD14 threw it at me which hit me in the face I said to SD14 that she should of just handed me the sweet instead of throwing it at me her mother told her to say sorry in a round about way but SD14 didn't I was pretty angry along with the earlier events of SS11 having a screaming fit while we were out shopping saying "I want it now" and crying like a baby it was a pretty shut day.

So to add to this I am working 30 hours a week to pay for these kids which are not mine nor do I.wish they were and I have their father saying to SS11 that I don't have a proper job just because he earns 3 times more than me!

The fact that her kids are a nightmare isn't as annoying as her lack to parent them correctly that just makes my blood boil!

So bringing in SD14s father isn't really an option as her considers me to have no rights what so ever in fact told my partner that shouldn't attend his kids parent's evenings as I am not their parent but then wonders why I am not showing an interest in helping his kids with their homework and reading.

paige72's picture

I totally agree with earlier comments; this is her mothers fault and frankly I would be very upset that she had so little respect for you that she allows this behavior. I am not sure how long you've been with her but I would suggest getting out before any other children were involved. Seriously, I am truly against divorce, but I am also against being miserable at at this point I would start to resent ALL of them. The kids for being spoiled brats, but their mother for allowing this behavior towards you and not having enough respect for you to properly correct it. It's truly time to put your foot down- you don't deserve to be treated like that.
Good luck.

SituationalTourettes's picture

What the...?
First off, Xboxes dont work so well without any games or controllers.... been there, done that.
Second, someone on here said words I now say daily: Not my monkey, not my circus.
If you are undermined at every turn, your wife wont stand up to her own kid, and you are funding this, I guess I'm confused what's in all this for you? Even the kid's own father wont give you any consideration or respect (geez, does he have the male equivalent of the golden uterus or something?). Sounds like you need to disengage. Including your wallet. Sorry to be harsh but this is ridiculous. Being a teenager is one thing, being a rude, snotty, and insolent little brat is another.