You are here

I really dislike my partners child!

Cherry's picture

I just joined this website to vent! So many issues have arisen in the three years I have been with my partner regarding her children. One of them in particular is just a pain in the backside. Last week, my partner made a funny comment about something, and I gently smacked her arm and we were both laughing. Her eleven year old son runs up to her dramatically, throws his arms round her and is teary, continously asking if she is ok. He then proceeds to get an ice pack out and put it onto her arm, meanwhile I was sitting there feeling very uncomfortable, as he looked at me smugly. Another time, her children were round at mine (we don't live together) and we were all laughing, the son takes himself off to the toilet and refuses to come out saying to his Mum, I had made him feel very uncomfortable (he couldn't explain why). He came out and I said to him that I was sorry I made him feel uncomfortable and he turned his back on me, wouldn't speak to me and insisted on going home. I have many examples like this. It's got to the stage where I can not stand the boy and I think my partner is far too soft with him. She wants me to move in with them, but quite frankly I can't live with the children. I am devoted to my partner, but not to her children and it's caused us huge arguements as she is aware of my feelings. I just don't know if this will stop us having a future together.

sterlingsilver's picture

Until they're 18 kids come with the package. Period. So ya, if it's ever going to be more then dating, you'll have to find ways to live with the children, or find someone else.

alwaysanxious's picture

This boy for whatever reason (we can all take a guess) behaves as your GF spouse and he sounds like he's constantly trying to make you look bad and detract attention away from you and on to him. How embarrassing for him.

package smackage, you don't have to live with them. I'd continue the relationship (if you are happy) and just live separately. If she demands the move in, well maybe its time to move on. I can tell you that if you moved in, this boy would get worse. Unless she's willing to demand he not act this way towards you, he won't change and in two years its going to be hell.

Good luck!