You are here

I feel like he forgets about my son.....

hiddenemotions06's picture

MY DH has daughter 11 and i have son 5. He is very close to his daughter and me to my son. I try my best to involve both our kids at all times which is hard sometimes because we have opposite weekends and when we do once in a while get a weekend together I make a point to do something fun together as a family. I also make sure to spend time with everyone equally. I have a very good relationship with his daughter and he does well with my son but I feel like alot of the time he only thinks of himself and his daughter and forgets that we are a family now. He has a work trip coming up the end of April for 3 weeks and the first time it came up he said he'd like to fly just me out for a fun weekend and asked if I'd be ok to do it on a weekend I have my son so his daughter was with her mother and I said sure. Then it changed one morning while he was talking to his daughter he says to her I'll fly you guys out there to which I spoke to him privately later an explained my confusion to which he got mad saying I didn't understand why he doesn't think ill miss her too which by the way I totally get. Now we havent talked about this in weeks after that argument. He text me today at work and says work will pay for me and daughter to fly out. Which i text and said we need to discuss this and he called me and I told him we need to figure out weekends because I have my son all 3 weekends he is gone and her weekend with us is mothers day so she'll spend that sunday with her mom. Then he says he will try to switch for weekend before and I said well idk how i feel about dropping my son off with grandma to go with your daughter out there. Well he got mad. Well fine then. I just don't understand why it seems he doesn't want my son involved or think of him. He says he didn't ask if he could go. And that kind of hurts me. I feel like if the roles were reversed and i asked him to leave her he'd freak. He says maybe he will just fly home and i said thats probably better and he said well thats not as fun. In my head I think well what fun is it for me to dump my son off at his grandparents to take your daughter out there with me yet not my son? I don't feel like thats fair. I'm going to talk to him when we get home from work but at this point im just so hurt and disappointed that he always expects me to involve his daughter yet not my son. Is this just me or is that messed up?

WalkOnBy's picture

OP - can you please go back and edit in some paragraph spacing?

It will make it easier to read, and I think you will get more responses Smile

Stepped in what momma's picture

I need some more details but do have a question in the interim- is he also paying for your son to do the activities you want to do as a family or are you?

Just thinking he might not have the money to take everyone on a trip.

hiddenemotions06's picture

We both take turns on family expenses like that. Work is paying for two tickets so we would just have to come up with money for one more.