You are here

How insulting

ALK814's picture

I am so pissed at my husband. He buys his son (17, we live in the USA) alcohol, he buys him weed, he lets him sleep at his girlfriend's house and last night he asks me "should I pick him up or let him sleep at his girlfriend's house?" Like apparently my opinion matters now, and not before he already said yes to these ( in my opinion) stupid ideas in the past. And AFTER I already voiced my opposition.

I keep my jewelry, and personal alcohol locked up because I don't want his son touching them. (He's stolen from me in the recent past) I want no culpability here. Some days I wonder why I married into this family. I truly hate to say that. I think my husband is a kind person but seriously! Get it together! You're only hurting your kid if you have no healthy boundaries. 

justmakingthebest's picture

Yeah, this would be hill to die on and I would file for divorce and call the cops. 

simifan's picture

Hope he turns 18 soon. You do realize he is putting your home and anthing in joint name at risk should something happen? 

Noway2b1's picture

So if friends come to visit you are providing underage kids substances. Not smart. I would shut that down. My teenage son snuck some beers to his friends one time when they were hanging out in our home. I freaked out, explained what the consequences could be to ME! Made him go tell his friends they needed to leave but not before apologizing to me. Then he got grounded and I locked up all alcohol after that.