You are here

How do you deal with sharing??

Biostep7777's picture

Ugh!! So many things going on lately. I don't even know how to do this anymore. SS took markers from his mom's house over. He had a friend over and they wanted to draw. My daughter wanted to join. SS wothdht let them use his markers. We told him we share in this house and if you don't want to share with his friend or stepsister then he has to go out them away. He started crying and yelling "they walked over to me! I shouldn't have to share" he's freaking almost 12 and was crying and pissed because he didn't want to share. DH pulled him in the other room to talk to him and he just cried and cried and says they are HIS and shouldn't have to share. DH let him go and let him get away with it and he says there snd drew with his markers on front of his friend. We had to get his friend and my daughter some other markers. Both of them shared nicely together. DH was disgusted but I said "well you let him act like this!" 
how do you handle these things?? 

CastleJJ's picture

If SS is going to cry and throw a fit over some markers, then he doesn't get to use them anymore - plain and simple. You share or coloring time is over. He is plenty old enough to know that that behavior is unacceptable. This type of behavior leads to entitled adults. If he can't share because they are "HIS" from BMs, then his stuff from BMs house doesn't come over. Your SO needs to be putting his foot down. 

Biostep7777's picture

I'm pissed and I mean pissed!!! It's was disgusting behavior and to cry about sharing at 12 years old?? Disgusting 

Dogmom1321's picture

WOW. 12, really? That is just downright embarassing for your DH. After SS decided he wouldn't be sharing, DH should have sent the friend home IMMEDIATELY (made sure they knew it wasn't their fault) and confiscated the markers. Then let him know he will be keeping them until his return to BMs. Lastly, if bringing toys over is going to be an issue, then nothing will be brought over. Period. You will just have to keep the two households totally separate. Let your DH know this is a total TURN OFF!

strugglingSM's picture

That's embarrassing for both SS and your DH. I wouldn't be surprised if his friend decided they were no longer friends after this. That kind of behavior is a huge social liability at age 12.

Biostep7777's picture

It's awful! Then he goes home and tells his mom his horrible we are and she will tell him he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do. These kids are a complete nightmare because of her. 

Harry's picture

No other like thing come over.  Until this is solved.  SS get a punishment for talking to his father like that 

Biostep7777's picture

YUP 

Rags's picture

For both this rude idiot failed family spawn and his idiot ball less father.  Might as well throw BM in the zero tolerance pool with them.

SMH

Biostep7777's picture

Oh I agree!! DH is usually really good about this stuff but he dropped the ball on this one BIG TIME!