You are here

House Rules

Kay2's picture

I could use some suggestions. I am about to have a sit down with BF, about a set of house rules for FSD5.(Which he agreed to) I really feel bad for the little one. We have different methods of handling her. I am expected to watch her during the day while he sleeps for work. So I feel that I should have a say over how I handle her behavior. She is a good kid, just needs some rules layed out, that we enforce consistantly. I have two that I enforce already, that BF does not.(He said he was flexable and agreed that if we decide the need enforcing he would do it)

1. NO BACKTALK
2. NO WHINING

FSD doesn't get the word no, and BF doesn't enforce it. I was in our bedroom, and they were at his desk. I hear her ask him for a cookie, he said no, not right now. I head her say the word "but" five times that I counted, and she ended up with the cookie anyway. I believe that sends a bad message. "Annoy me long enough and you will get what you want"

I was wondering if anyone else has any more suggestions on resonable house rules, that I could present to BF. He also suggested, that we make out a schedule for her as well. I am also looking for some consequences that both of us could use to enforce the rules. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kay