You are here

His Kids GROSS ME OUT - ARGH....

Ablissa's picture

Argh... I know this is a little 'unrelated' but I am about to really loose it with M's kids. They come over whining and screaming, act like savages, take off their shirts and socks and throw them on the floor while we are having SUPPER. One of his boys actually crounched down, shirtless, ON TOP of the coffee table to eat out of a bowl of chips while we are trying to watch a 'whale' documentary he says is 'boring him out of his mind'. Then, I OVERFUNCTION, I can't take the scene anymore as my son is telling them to be quiet so he can listen to the documentary, so I get up and start clearing the table, loading the dishwasher and all... And then I come back and only my son is left in the living room in front of the documentary. I go upstairs and his children are in OUR BED!!! Again!!! Not only does this tremendously bother me, but it also grosses me out as they did not wash their hands after supper and 12 year old has his dirty greasy hair and HAT on MY pillow. They are watching a movie. I am now in the basement with my laptop because I JUST KNOW I am about to tell him HIS KIDS ARE SAVAGES. Sorry Sirens. I want to cry, run, scream. :jawdrop:

Anne Boleyn's picture

I'm sorry. I know the feeling well. I do the same overfunctioning then hide routine. I am surprised I haven't broken dishes while loudly loading the dishwasher. Have you talked to your SO about this?

Ablissa's picture

Hi Anne, I don't know what SO stands for... my son?

I know my boyfriend is under pressure because of custody battle in 2 months (has been dragging 2.5 years) but there is a basic human decency level to be expected, no?

My 8 year old is not perfect either, but he is much better in class true, but also has his quirks, but nothing like what his kids do. They also hurt each other physically (SS12 pushes and shoves SD6 constantly). I find that appaling.

Ablissa's picture

I can't help to compare my top of his class decent kid with his failing violent savage kids...

Ablissa's picture

My own son loves the other kids and he really loves my boyfriend too. He would rather we be at boyfriend's house, so I am really torn.

luchay's picture

SO = significant other.

OH = other half

DH = dear/darling husband

ss = step son

sd = step daughter

bs = bio son

bd = bio daughter

(usually you would say ss12 or bs8 for the child you are discussing)

Hope that helps.

Oh, I do the overfunctioning then hide routine as well LOL

One thing you do need to do (IMHO = in my humble opinion) and I did this - is to discuss your bedroom boundaries with your SO. That is you ONE space in the house that belongs just to the two of you, it is where you are intimate etc and you do not want ANY kids there (this means bs has to stay out of your bed too, for me that was a small price to pay not to have his kids in there) If you need to - get graphic - we had sex on those sheets last night!!!

And - basic rules - no kids on the tables LOL, food only allowed in certain areas.

Pick the things that annoy you the MOST and discuss with OH that you need some boundaries set.

Kes's picture

Good fences make good neighbours, so the saying goes. I think you need to lay down some serious rules and boundaries for these obnoxiously behaved children. My SKIDs for one, would not have been allowed anywhere near my bed.