You are here

Help- Disobeying daughter Vacation Scheduled

7Butterflies's picture

We have a blended family. I have 3 children (boy-20, girl-17, boy-13), my husband has 2 sons (17, 11). We have an expensive vacation scheduled next week and my daughter has been a living nightmare recently. I'm not sure we should take her. She has some mental health issues, ADHD (inattentive type), anxiety, maybe personality disorder/ODD.

Anyway... she was recently sick and slept on the couch a few days (no biggie). Well I told her she was better and to move back to her room. She refused so we turned off the internet and turned off her phone. She knocked on my bedroom door for 25 minutes before busting it in. I ended up going downstairs so that everyone else could get some sleep and did work on my computer. I basically ignored her. She wanted me to apologize for antagonizing her (asking her to move off couch). I refused to apologize. She finally told me I could go to bed. The next day while I was at work, she turned the internet back on in the basement.

Next night, she still refused to go back to her room (she said she was scared of the closet). So my husband (who she hates) turned off the power to the room and put a lock on the breaker box. She started acting out and said she needed a light. I offered her a battery powered light, offered her to sleep in other beds (step kids weren't there), etc. She still carried on about the light. She said she was going to "keep us awake" if we didn't get her a light. She got in my face and I just kept staring her down. I guess this got her mad because she spit in my face!! I admit, I spit back because I was infuriated!! I was cleaning off my glasses and she whacked at me sending them across the room. Shortly after, I was trying to go upstairs to my room and she was blocking the stairs. I tried to push past her and she bit me!! I have a large bruise on my upper arm. I tried to restrain her and she started hitting me. My husband came and grabbed her arms to get her to stop. Eventually she settled down. Afterward, she tried to block my husband from coming down the starts but he pushed past her. We ended up calling her father who tried to calm her down. In the end we gave her an extension cord she could use for a lamp. She argued with me again this morning but it didn't go to far because her father showed up to get her.

As I stated, she does not like my husband and hates that I married him. She hates my ex's new wife, teachers, and other authority figures. She loses friends/changes them frequently. She changed schools many times due to issues with stepparent or friends at school. She dropped out in 11th grade. I am very worried how she will act on this vacation. Does any have suggestions or have you excluded a child from a vacation. This is a one time trip. We will probably never do something like this again.