Help

Chaos.Mom.'s picture

I love my husband and want to keep my marriage but idk how any more. I hate being around my two skids, I don't want to see them, hear them, anything. I don't trust them around my daughter or even my dog, I don't trust them not to lie as I know they come from a strong line of mental health and coaching. The kind of talk health that could pass the psych test to be a cop yet try to run over their own kid. One of the kids isn't even my husband's.. it makes me so miserable they are around that I had even started cutting. My husband and I have talked about it, I am in therapy, etc. And yes I know this awful and yes I knew he had kids but everytime I tried to leave he promised it would be ok and we would figure it out and I wanted to believe him but now he realizes he was thinking it would get better on its own and I would change my feelings.. and no I didn't intend to have a child with him knowing how miserable his kids make me but long story short it happened. He says that he loves our daughter, loves to do things with her etc but just feels meh about the skids, says he doesn't want them around all of the time and wants to go out, travel, have our lil family but then will turn around and say he wants them every weekend and wants me to be more involved but between his guilty parenting and my feelings towards them I don't see the point. I have told my husband that if he can't decide what he wants our future to look like and discuss it with me then I will decide for him and leave, only because I don't want to be the reason he loses his kids and then hates me later but I don't want to divorce him and have to split my daughter too, I love him. His family has been downright bullying him and threatening him for not having his kids enough lately and that weighs on me too.. how do you live in this hell? How do you stand holidays and family and everything when you don't even trust or want the kids together? When it's downright painful to have anything to do with it? Again I know I'm awful but I'm trying 

Harry's picture

You must work out in therapy.  How you are going to live your life.  How much interactions you have with SK.  You must realize, DH must realize that it's is not going to be one big happy family. Disengage with IL,,  they don't live your life. 

ESMOD's picture

more backround on ages... and why he has custodyfor a child not his would be helpful... age of your own child too.  how long have you two been together?

Rags's picture

SKid ages are critical for context.   The history to get to where you are, what your expectations are for now and the future, etc....

Whatever that all my be.

Take of you.

Chaos.Mom.'s picture

Husband has a girl that is 9, which is the one that isn't his but he signed the birth certificate. His ex wife was pregnant when they met. He also has a son that's 7 and our baby will be 2 this weekend. We have been together 5 years now and we are still great together its just the kid thing. And he told me he wanted a happy family then told me he was gonna let his ex keep the kids and just pay their child support saying it would be better for all and while she had them for months said he was happy and didnt really miss them unless he sat down and thought about it specifically, then said he wanted them on holidays, then said every week like we used to, then said let's move 3 states away and I asked about having the kids every week and he said that would be based on where we live because he feels guilty being almost an hour away in proximity but not having them more (these two conversations were really close together and he couldn't tell me if he thought this arrangement would be good for anyone), then his daughter (that isn't his) called and told him she had a recital but on the day of he told everyone he was sick and didn't go but felt good enough to go spend time with me and get coffee and work outside. Not trying to talk bad on my hubby, I know he has good intentions but oh my goodness.. and I didn't ask him about why he skipped her recital because my therapist told me not to bring up the kids unless he does or it's absolutely necessary. She told me to leave all of the conversations, parenting, decisions etc up to him regarding the step kids.