You are here

Is this harassment??

karenj's picture

I have ss 5 and sd 10 who i adore and we all get along great. they love being around me and we have all got very close. Bm has been coming around me calling me names. I had been ignoring her for a long time but a couple of days ago at my ss game things got explosive. She came sat by dh & i called me names then after followed me to my car and continued to call me names. She was with her older daughter (17 years old) from another marriage who was calling me names too. I lost my temper and engaged her which I am SO EMBARRASED about. She's very ghetto even got in my face! I HATE public confrontation!! Dh diffused the situation and defended me (he wasn't with me when they followed me
To my car, I called him to come).
Today at the game she was taking pictures of me! We live in a small town and we run into each other. We are very different and I just don't call people names but he does. I feel sorry for her she's always angry. The worst part is she has taught her daughter to act like this and she started all
This drama in front of children! I did apologies to the kids for what happened and was mortified they saw everything. They know their mother doesn't like me
Because she tells them but it hasn't affected our relationship.

Where do I draw the line between keeping it classy and defending myself?? Could I have dealt with the situation differently?? Is she harassing me legally?? Can she even take pictures of me without my permission??

IAmALady77's picture

Yes it is and she could have gotten violent with you. Go to the police and file a report asap, have them call her with a cease and desist and if necessary get a restraining order.

Shook's picture

Agree, we always filed a police report for abuse like this. There were so many, the police could not ignore. The court granted us our restraining orders & true to form BM violated it so she got herself arrested. We no longer have those problems especially not in open forum. These crazy women should be ashamed of themselves.

Lalena75's picture

Defend yourself with the law call the police every time she starts harassing you, file a complaint and have them tell her to cease and desist, and get a restraining order, then every time she breaks it which she sounds like the type who will beat her with it (in the legal sense)

ocs's picture

yes yes yes.

My BM went to my office and started talking smack.

I promptly called police and they visited her at home very publicly.

She has been quiet ever since- but I sleep with one eye open.

Kilgore SMom's picture

The only time BM ever had the nerve to say anything to me Dh shut her down fast. After DH took full custody BM threaten to come to our house and DH told if she did she'd go to jail. DH did file a RO. She had warrants out for her already. She got out of prison last month and shes being good right now. We'll see how long that last.

I would file a complaint and have them talk to her, if that doesn't work file for a RO. Its was good to have this kind of behavoir documented.