You are here

Fun Family Pool Party

milknosugar's picture

BM organised it at the weekend..

So we all get there (she didn't expect that - thought it was a chance to get skids to herself on our weekend even tho it's our week - she does that a lot) and there she is being school prefect - organising everything and welcoming everyone with big smiles. I introduced her to my Son (who she used as an excuse to try to get custody because he is Aspergers) and she looked like she had just eaten something rotten.

She hands DH an apron and tells him to start barbequing sausages. "Sure" says DH then "not" under his breath. It kind of annoyed me that he can't say no to her. At the end she sweetly offers to take the children home for us. No thanks says DH. She got angry but he stood his ground.

Anyway, we had fun and I got to know a few people. I think BM was seriously pissed and spent all her time fawning over HER children. It was embarrassing but hey - we survived and I am not hiding anymore.

We signed up to go to the SS12 leavers dinner today. It's on next week. We get to all sit at the same table. Woohoo.

stepmom31's picture

Hey, good going. I know that the "not hiding anymore" part was a relief for me, boosted my confidence a lot. Hope it's the same with you.