You are here

Father's Day...worst day of the year!

midwestmama's picture

And I hate even saying that, because I am a daddy's girl, and so are my girls! I would love it if it could somehow not include the spawn of Satan! ugh

Here's the thing...we never have to ALL do things "together" except for on Father's Day (because my DH is delusional and likes to "pretend" like SS is somehow a part of our family). The last 2 years, our oldest has played in our city's annual soccer tournament that is held every Father's Day weekend. It's so fun to watch, but of course, since SS is involved in NOTHING and has NO sports or activities or anything EVER...surely he doesnt think it's fun. But I implore anyone to find anything that some 14yo boy is going to enjoy along with 7 & 9 yo little girls that he doesnt even know.

But regardless, the thing that burns me up the most is that our little girls are really excited about father's day! I think they get more excited than we do, but it's cute! SS on the other hand actually planned to go to a friend's party this weekend and was going to cancel visitation altogether, until the friend figured out his bad timing and changed the party date, so now suddenly DH feels "torn" about having to be in 2 places at once (visits with SS are done outside our home). HUH?? Before when SS couldve cared less, that was ok, but now that he's making himself available DH is supposed to jump to his attention? Even still, DH is saying that SS may or may not even want to go with us to our daughter's games, and if he wants to hang at his aunt's pool then that's ok too. So WHY is DH even slightly concerned about being in 2 places at once??

I just dont get it. I dont understand how DH can even give any consideration whatsoever to making himself available for SS on Father's Day when SS could give a rat's ass. Our BD's cant wait to celebrate it with him...and to me, that's what should matter more. He can just go do something with SS later or on a different day...it doesnt have to be THAT day (like I will end up seeing my dad on Saturday).

I just hate Father's Day!! Thanks for letting me vent.