You are here

Family Tree....without me

abean's picture

Sad

SD13 made a family tree today for social studies. She didn't include me. Not even on the page for DH where is says "marriage date / spouse". She just left those blank.

Four kids (three are step kids). DH and I have been together 10 years this October. I hate feeling resentful of children, but I get so tired of not mattering the them. BM is a huge douche and she goes out of her way to make our life harder (doesn't work, but she tries).

Sorry that I'm venting on my first post, but I am so tired today. And that hurt. At least I have some place to say this "outloud".

CalgonTakeMeAway's picture

Awwww I'm so sorry...that is hurtful. Sad Maybe SD thought the family tree was for blood relatives only? Have you asked her why she left you off? If it's any consolation, I don't feel I matter that much to my skids either. I'm good at keeping the pantry stocked with good stuff. That's about where my usefulness ends I think. 13 is a rough age. I have SS13..I imagine it's worse with girls. My SD is 19, so I missed all the "new hormone" years. Darn! I'm just counting down the years til SS is 18! {{{Hugs}}}

abean's picture

Thanks for understanding. Really, it makes such a huge difference to have people "get" it. I know what you mean about being hardened to these slights. I'm getting there.

As long as the pantry has food they like and the bathroom is clean, they wouldn't care if I existed. I don't have much hope it will get better, so I enjoy the close relationship I have with my son (6). It is such a difference.

CalgonTakeMeAway's picture

As long as the pantry has food they like and the bathroom is clean, they wouldn't care if I existed.

Wow..you clean the bathroom?? Our master bath is REALLY small, so my DH moved out of it and moved into the other bathroom upstairs which is much bigger. He shares that with the skids. I don't go near it. DH cleans it. I really suck as a SM and a wife! LOL