You are here

Fairly new to the step mum business

Rhibee83's picture

Ok short intro. I have been with OH for 3 years and he has a 3 year old and a 5 year old. I have a 7 year old and 13 year old

he has been living with us whilst waiting for his house to be bought. Went through couple weeks ago and any spare minute I've been over there decorating.

first annoyance was he says he wants us to think that we are living between 2 houses. Then proceeds to order his bed (without asking my opinion - that's fine) and a bed each for his kids. When I asked about mine he was like oh yeah should of thought about that.

bearing in mind whilst he has been living with me I have to rearrange bedrooms and buy stuff for his to accommodate and it hasn't bothered me at all.

any way over at the house today with my 13 year old doing more decorating he comes in with his 5 year old. I say hi and she blanks me.  I said hi again, response was daddy can we go I don't want to be here with her. (Never had an issue before)

Now if my kids would of said that I would of been on them that it is rude you don't talk to people that way, to apologise and ask why.

he just goes ok we will go grab a hot chocolate!!!! Leaving me and my daughter there decorating his blinking house. Down tools and went home. 

got a message saying oh your not at the house. Of course bloody not. Then saying he will be back at mine in half hour. I said don't bother coming to mine, remember she doesn't want to be near me and you let her get away with talking to me like that and rewarded her for it!!

Rumplestiltskin's picture

Good for you for calling attention to this bad behavior (by the daughter and by him) the first time! If you put up with things like that even once they think you are saying it's ok. I learned that the hard way, at first ignoring things and assuming they were exceptions and would not happen again. They keep happening unless you do or say something. Hopefully he does not allow you to be disrespected like that ever again!

weightedworld's picture

Nip it now or run away fast. You'll regret it if you don't. I have one that if I say anything towards a bad behavior she will cry and force herself to puke to regain that attention from dad. Guess who is then the bad guy *bye*

Rags's picture

This guy is milking you for housing and labor and is not engaging you on furniture purchases in a home he is claiming is your together home with him.  Together in two homes my butt.

End it now. His kid is expressing exactly what he and his kids think of you.  The idiot's failure to confront the 5yo on that crap speaks volumes.