You are here

The dreaded communion

twirl's picture

Hi all,
I am new to this site, so just thought i would post a quick message.

Me and my partner have been together for 4 and half years and have a 6 month old son, he also has a 7 year old daughter from his previous marriage, who is with us 3 days a week. I love his daughter and treat her as i would my own, but her mother is a complete sociopath and is a nasty piece of work. My partner and his ex were seperated 2 and half years before i met him and their was no chance of them getting back together, but suddenly once she found out about me expecting she suddenly became all nicey nice to my partner and even tried to seduce him and get him to leave me for him...luckily me and my partner have an honest relationship and he told me all, which she is not aware off. I could spend ages going into things, but all i can say is she is a total bitch, telling my step daughter, that i mean nothing, all i am is daddys girlfriend and that she or her mom dont have to respect me....just general rubbish like this.

Generally speaking, i keep distant and have nothing to do with her mother and have no contact, she has not saw our son yet.....however in a few weeks we have our step daughters communion....its such a shame because i will not be able to enjoy the day for my step daughter. The day is just going to be like torture, having to be their with her mother and all her family. Really not looking forward to it at all. Just going to keep focused on my son .

Any advice :?

janeyc's picture

The only way you can win or survive with a woman like that is to rise above it, show class and respect and you will shine, she won't like that but then you were not born to please her, if she acts up, she will make a fool of herself and ruin the day for her daughter, that is out of your hands, whatever happens look serene and enjoy yourself, remember you are going because you want to support your sd, so concentrate on that, you really can in the face of adversity change your mind set so that you feel strong and calm, do let us know how the day goes, Good luck Smile