You are here

DH is such a pushover, I can't stand it!

christinen's picture

So DH had just got home from dropping SD off at BM's when the phone rang. It's SD6 asking DH to bring her a jacket because BM doesn't have one at her house for her. I asked DH why doesn't BM come get the jacket if she wants it & DH says because she doesn't have a vehicle. So how the hell is that our problem?! 1. She needs to supply clothes for SD to wear at her house. She only gets her occasional weekends & pays no CS & contributes nothing whatsoever. 2. It's 80 degrees here this weekend. SD doesn't need a jacket. I'm pretty sure BM had her call just because she knew DH is such a bitch he will go right over there with whatever she needs. Smh!

christinen's picture

On his way out the door, I asked him to try to grow some balls while he's gone lol!

rainbow bright83's picture

I've been where you are! I always hated it because we would just get home and have to drive all the way back to the "drop off spot" since it was almost a full hour just to the BM's house one way. It was annoying to me because i would have to hang back while they blah blah about this skids and it was always drama b.s.

Orange County Ca's picture

What's to be done? No transportation. Kid may be going out at 6AM tomorrow, it won't be 80 then probably 50. She's 6 years old she should risk pneumonia?

And listen you chose this guy because of his many traits and I'll bet one of them was he was very amicable to things you suggested, wanted and desired. Well you got a guy that treats everyone that way. If YOU made a mistake marrying that sort of guy it seems small enough to live with. Consider all the other times he's that sweet considerate guy when its you receiving the sugar.

Men don't change. Live with it or go away.

christinen's picture

Yeah but it's just always something. Last weekend they called asking for DH to bring SD's DVD player & movies over after the exchange already happened.

oneoffour's picture

I told my DH that running around after his kids was just crazy (OK they were teens but still...)

There is nothing wrong about making a list and telling SD that she can only take what is on the list and nothing else. She can take whatever she wants but it must be packed and on the list. Stand her by the door before she leaves and say "Are you sure you have EVERYTHING? Because Daddy will not be running other stuff over later. Think hard as I read off the list ... blah blah blah.. See you later.. kiss kiss.."

She may also be missing her father as she settles into her mothers world for a few days and just wants to see him again... so maybe include a photo of her dad.

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

She's 6! She might need her jacket. DH should make sure everything is packed and ready she is too young to remember everything.

He is being a good dad.

christinen's picture

I don't expect her to handle her own packing but does no one else think the mother should have a jacket at her house for her kid? Interesting. Guess I overreacted then. I thought it was pretty pathetic that a mother didn't have basic necessities for her kid. Thanks for all your replies!