You are here

DH got offended?

Ale1519's picture

So after switching back to every other weekend skids would just leave our house Monday morning and get on the bus for school from our house. Schools out now and BM works 3rd shift so shes out around 7am. I told DH that skids can leave at 7am and go with BM. He got so upset that I dont want them here.. DH leaves for work at 6am. So yeah... why would I want skids here when its just me.. not only that but how does it effect him if hes not even here to spend time with them. Im so annoyed. Im still breastfeeding and so yeah, it IS nice to have them not be here. Unrelated I go back to work tomorrow and skids will be here.. im so nervous especially because SS always texts DH and is always talking about newborn BS and DH said I should let him hold him when he comes. I expressed disinterest and im so worried hes just going to do it behind my back. Im just overprotective honestly, i dont know what they're exposed to and SS is SOOOOO UNHYGIENIC. I feel like I cant ever just relax, I cringe at them being around my son while im not there...

tankh21's picture

You shouldn't have to be a babysitter to skids when your DH is not there. Your DH has no right to get upset because you don't want the skids there. Dear lord, you have a newborn and I what more of an explanation does your DH need as to why the skids don't need to be there when he is not there.

Pammyc27's picture

So he just expects that you would WANT the extra responsibility of babysitting his kids while you have a newborn to care for. And when newborns sleep moms get a break. How is that fair to you. And you’re right skids being there while he’s at work doesn’t get him any extra time with them. 

Cbarton12's picture

Let him be offended. Why should Skids be there when Bio parent isn't? They should go with BM.

ndc's picture

Your request that the skids go with BM at 7 when she gets off from work is perfectly reasonable and appropriate.  There is no reason for the skids not to go with their mother, especially since you have a baby, your husband is not there and it's her time anyway.

As for the skid holding the baby, I think that's a losing battle.  It's his sibling; there's no way you are going to keep your DH from allowing him to spend time with and touch the baby when your DH is in charge.  Start drumming into your DH's head that the skids need to wash their hands before touching the baby and hope for the best.

shamds's picture

i am uncomfortable with hubby palming off them to his daughters aged 23 & 14. Firstly they are brainwashed by their mum, many concerning things have happened that makes you question their motives and genuiness of their intentions. No parent in their right mind with toddlers or infants would leave those young kids in the hands of half siblings unsupervised when skids are controlled and brainwashed by psychotic, batshit crazy narcissistic, pas and hcgubm... its unetical, careless and stupid

and yeah my husband was offended when i laid those facts for him. Did i care that he was offended? Absolutely not!! Being treated second class and like shit by skids and your husband at times does that to you when you are treated like you are expendable. I disn’t feel guilty to tell him i didn’t care that his feelings were hurt or offended. As a mum my responsibility is to ensure  my kids are in a safe environment.

my inlaws i have no issues, even had a sil care for my daughter while i was at hospita giving birth to my 2nd child. Skids its a hell no!!

you are not entertainment or a free babysitter. Your baby comes first. These skids bio parents need to step up and care for their kids. If not they frankly shouldn’t have been stupid enough to have kids

Harry's picture

Thak the kids back to BM.  When he is going to work.