You are here

Constant drama

Ughugh's picture

Both SDs need to constantly be entertained. Ugh. DH goes through this drama all weekend long- overnight entertainment for his kids. Mine are fine just being with each other and us, skids need constant companions. Besides all the drama of finding ANYONE to spend the night with them, there is the extra drama of dealing with their friends over. They cannot exist or sleep or shower by themselves. Ugh

Ughugh's picture

DH said no, but SD kept howling and crying convulsively.... In the end, no one could come over, so SD ended up spending time alone with us and SURPRISE, she was fine, even slept by herself.

It is amazing how these people mess up their kids by enabling them to get their way, when a simple NO suffices.

Rags's picture

Convulsively? :? Great, did you let her convulse and flop around on the ground in her tantrum and just ignore her?

Whatever you did it seems to have worked. Bravo to you and DH.

hereiam's picture

In the end, no one could come over, so SD ended up spending time alone with us and SURPRISE, she was fine, even slept by herself.

Amazing how that works. I hope your DH learned something.

Ughugh's picture

Thanks, guys. DH is starting to attain some enlightment in the world of parenting LOL

Yeah, convulsively. She can get an Oscar for her meltdowns, just,Ike her older sister. Their BM also got the Damsel in Distress gig down pat. That's how they get guys and keep them until it is time for them to upgrade to the next guy with a bigger wallet yet...then, the damsel act morphs into Wench from Hell, putting the guy down and raging in anger until the guy leaves (and leaves them with the current home and car). Then, the cycle repeats.

I walked right by her convulsing LOL. I am not built to be compassionate to lost causes. My compassion is saved for true human emergencies, not invented ones.