You are here

Communication with an Ex

stepmomwithhope's picture

I have a DH, and some issues that I'm sure are shared by others. In our household, I take care of the paperwork and the finances. My DH holds the insurance for his BD's. His ex stated that she wants copies of EOB's, invoices, etc. Also, when there are many times when we have to cut her a check for my DH's portion of the uncovered medical expenses. His Ex recently wrote him a letter asking that all communication come from him. I send her the EOB's with notes giving her info, I write the checks. But she wants the only writing she sees to be my DH's. Is it unreasonable to say that if she wants this info/documents, she shouldn't complain about how she is getting it? This is just one issue that is recent, but sometimes she just floors me!

stepmomwithhope's picture

Thanks. They have a 60/40 split for any uncovered medical bills. We really have tried to get her out of as much of the bills as possible. After a 1 1/2 ago when his daughter broke her arm and with him being the guarantor, and her not taking care of the bills, it was an issue. So, this year when his daughter had a tonsilectomy, he contacted the surgeon and ensured that his name and address was on all the bills to ensure timely payment.

I suppose DH could tell her to only pay her 40% and we'll handle the rest. It's funny when she send him statements and designates his 60% and the charges have not even gone through insurance. She's done this a couple of times, not sure if she's hoping to get more $$ and she's just stupid.

Rags's picture

The CP can ask for anything just as the NCP can. That does not mean you have to give it to her. If a court does not mandate it you don't have to give her crap.

Write her a check for your DHs half of uncoverd med expenses but the EOB absolutely does not have to be provided.

IMHO of course.

Good luck.

hismineandours's picture

I dont understand what she wants with the eob. Is she wanting to see how much your insurance paid? I guess that makes sense if there is a split. I would just send her the eob with the amount she is to pay and I would ignore her request that it all be from her ex. It is coming from his address. So it is from him. I wouldnt sign my name to it or anything-in fact if you need to write a note-write it in your handwriting and sign your dh's name. I can just see her going into court to request communication be directly from him and then stating that she did not feel it was his handwriting on a document. What is she going to do get a handwriting analysis?