You are here

Christmas with out the kids

Mytwoplusthree's picture

so this is the first year neither of have our children for Christmas so what are some ideas as to how we can recreate Christmas for them when they return the 29th? 

Survivingstephell's picture

I see from you profile that they are at the ripe age for an experience.  If your exes are that crazy, you might need to do something that will help them let go of the time with them and readjust to time back with you.    It could be a physical activity or a peaceful one, which ever would be better to bring them down from crazy town.  

Mytwoplusthree's picture

Yea we’re used to that , every two weeks like clockwork it’s basically a reprogramming of rules and limitations ( the “others” as we do kindly refer to them as have non ). The 30th is SD15th birthday so we will be doing something but we still want to give them all their gifts and stuff and do a mini Christmas morning with them 

Thumper's picture

Do you really need ideas how to have Christmas on Dec 29? Come on...why the big over think?

Santa came on the 24th like every year. Here are your presents he left and I made a Turkey,,or what ever meal you want to do.

It is not complicated. Dont over think it.

Most BM insist the children sleep at BM's house because you know SANTA only goes to the real house. . Most Bms insist the kids are at dads over New Years Eve.

If this is the case next year--bm has Christmas eve and Christmas Day...maybe say you asked Santa to come early, a week or two early then have xmas in advance? Have a blow out early Christmas at your place.

Hopefully you didnt tell your bm what it is your home is buying the child/ren. Out of compassion to not double buy 'this is what Goodluck and dad are buying them'... And hopefully she didnt buy everything YOU bought the child like our bm did. Nothing worse than hearing, OH we got that at our house, OH Santa brought that to our moms, OH look and Santa brought that to Grandmas (bm's mom)..and this too, and this and this too.

1 year could be a  mistake, but years following that is on purpose.

Goodness gracious I hope you are not making the other kids wait until the other children come to open their gifts.

tog redux's picture

OMG, our BM did that too - she would buy SS whatever we bought him. Too funny.

I'm with Goodluck, OP, just open presents and that's that.