You are here

Can he be that oblivious???

lovehimhatehim's picture

So SS11 came home from school, played outside most of the evening then when it was time to do his chore for the day was all of a sudden deathly ill. DH was still at work, so I told SS11 "Go lay down until DH gets home". DH gets home, I inform him he needs to check on SS11. DH goes to SS11's room, comes out, takes meds to room, SS11 pitches a fit about the meds, DOESN'T take them...20mins later SS11 is outside playing. Chore still not done! I didn't say a word. I let it go for the night. Next day, SS11 has a fieldtrip at school, he is still feeling after his divine intervention the night before so he goes to school and on his fieldtrip. Gets home from school, playing perfectly fine...time to do chore, Uh-Oh...sick again...hmmmm. Though I caught on the first night & didn't say anything I just couldn't do it the second night. So I said to DH "He seems to only get sick when it's time for him to do his chore". DH just walked away, didn't say anything, SS11 two days in a row no chores done. BS12, BD12, & SD12 all had to pickup SS11's slack because according to DH "He's sick". Really? Is he that oblivious or am I missing something here???

BitchitBrigit's picture

He's that oblivious.
\
My SD15 has missed so much school from "being sick" (mostly it's just tired cuz she stayed up all night poking on her smart phone) that she's in danger of not passing to 11th grade. She did the same thing last year, too.

rainbow bright83's picture

NO he's not oblivious! He just doesn't want to have to actually parent that boy. Why address it if he can just tuck it away under the rug and chalk it up to the kids not feeling well. I know I've had my own bio kids do this! And I've seen right through it. Heck my kids still try to do this, so I make them lay in bed, no tv, no video games, nothing. You would be surprised at how quickly the recuperate!