You are here

BM never returns the favor

confusedsm03's picture

Any time BM needs anything, she has to go out of town, wants a vacation kids free...whatever it may be, we are there for her. We take SS any time, with minimal notice. I called BM this morning and of course, she didn't answer. I left a message asking if SS can stay the night tonight. We have him until 7:30 and tomorrow night is our weekend anyway so it's not like she would be losing that much time with him. Tomorrow is DH's birthday. I have tons of crafts planned for the kiddos to make and a cake to bake, etc. and now that SS is 4, I think he would enjoy helping. I also think that SS will feel left out if he walks in the door at 5pm with DH and doesn't know anything that is going on. BM still hasn't returned my phone call and at this point, I don't think she will. ONE time I ask to keep him and I get ignored. But she basically will drop him on my doorstep when she needs to go somewhere. I guess this is just the "I'm the BM, I have the control" and she can't even get over herself for one night for the good of SS. All this from a woman who says "Everything I do is for my kids"...selfish!

uncommon's picture

That sucks. I have the same situation - I *always* accommodate my XH when he needs a scheduling change but he always makes a huge deal out of the tiniest things (like, 10 minutes late - maybe twice in the past 3 years - and that sort of thing). Some people just suck.

confusedsm03's picture

BM is the same way. I was 10 minutes late once when I was dropping him off and she was calling asking where I was! Yet she comes early or late whenever she wants. One time she came late (not that we mind) and she said she was teaching her boyfriend how to bake. If DH ever gave her such a stupid excuse, she would be upset. Oh well. I tried and unfortunately it will only hurt SS...and I know DH would love her SS to be involved in everything Sad

SadStep77's picture

This is too familiar!

We can't be late, early, or change plans or she flips out. But once she has the kids for a visit she can keep them as late as she wants without even a phone call.

confusedsm03's picture

OMG! lol this is exactly it! What the heck is wrong with these women?! DH says "She never used to call me first and now she does" so he will never refuse to take him. He even agrees to take him without telling me when I'm the one who has to watch him. Oh generous BM's, we are so lucky to have women like you! ugggh makes me sick! She still never returned my phone call. The one who will feel left out is SS- way to go mother of the year for making your own child feel bad.