You are here

BM and DH think ALIKE?

Gia's picture

His myspace says: Happily married with two wonderful, beautiful children.

Her myspace says: Happily attached(she is not married), and spending time with the Beautiful, Wonderful SD

his myspace is private, so she couldn't have copied that...

Please do not suggest that I get a life Wink

Do you think they think alike?

HA! that's funny...

Gia's picture

G

Georgie Girl's picture

Regarding fast food. I am not a fan and do not eat it and prefer that my bd doesn't either. Once when Dh and I were talking about fast food he said well it is a good breakfast. It has egg, cheese bread etc...

Then one time when I went to pick up ss from bm's we were talikng. I am not sure why but fast food was brought up she said VERBATIM what he said to me about it being a good breakfast. I have also noticed this on other occasions.

They are definately on the same page and it bugs me.

belleboudeuse's picture

Yeah, but they lived together for a while, I guess it's normal that exes would have the same rote phrases to describe certain things that are sort of cliches in their house.

Don't get me wrong, I find it kind of irritating, too, but any family of people who live together and have the same traditions and experiences for a while will have some of the same phrases that they use when telling stories, etc. I even hear them from my DH and his mom regarding his daughter and her personality -- the same exact phrase to describe her. So obviously, it's been said many, many times in their family history.

Try not to let it bug you. The same thing will happen to you the longer you live together. I don't think people even have to like each other for this phenomenon to happen.

BB

- You are not second best, you are not second class. Do not ever let anyone make you feel that way. (2Bloved)

Georgie Girl's picture

Of course they are going to have similarities. They grew them together in the time they were together. I don't like it but it is what it is.

I also have the same long term experience with my ex and we share many of the same opinions and habits.

I can only hope that dh and I can gt on the same page with things someday. I think it will take a little bit longer but I am hopeful.

kaffonseca's picture

If his myspace is private, you can still see what his status says I beleive..she could still have seen it and copied him. For instance my FH's BM has a private profile but it still shows her status as saying "living life to the fullest with my son"..HAHA! Her living life to the fullest is going from the couch to the frig!

WowjustWow's picture

While this may not be the response you were looking for, I have to say, I think this is silly.

DH is saying he loves you and his kids, she is saying she loves her SO and her kid. What's the big deal? It seems like a pretty normal thing to post on MySpace or whatever. It's not like they both said "I love purple spotted leopards." If they did, then I'd be worried Wink

Gia's picture

I know is silly! hehe... i didn't make a deal out of it, or anything...

FallingfromGrace's picture

Small things...

during Little League they both love to eat popcorn from the concession stand. I hate popcorn (I know that is weird). While most people choose hot dogs or something...

When the Bears and Colts were in the Superbowl, we had some kind a flag football game for the kids and both her and my DH were wearing Bears shirts...while her DH and I were wearing Colts.

There have been other things, all small, but I notice them. I agree, it is just becasue they were married and that happens when you are married...still makes me want to gag!!!

"God grant me the serenity accept the things I cannot change; the strength to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference."