You are here

Blended Family New Years Resolutions - What are yours?

FrackturedBradyBunch's picture

My New Years Resolution is to NOT let the FullTime Skids 13, 14 and 15 rule my emotional life.

I shall ignore what does not effect me and return in 3 fold what does. Smile

Rain taking pride in your home and life is not anal, it's just how you are and why should you compromise your standards?

I have the same problem, what I have I like to keep nice regardless of cost or age and my DH and Skids just don't get this is at all and it IS a problem. I will NEVER compromise. Like I said, ignore what doesn't effect me, return in 3 fold what does. Personal hygiene of Skids no longer effects me as I do NOT go anywhere or do anything with them, chores DO effect me and if they don't do them properly I will just make them re-do them again and again and again until they get it in their heads.

mpc76's picture

Hi, I am new to steptalk, I have been reading on this site for a while for support but I just created my acct tonight. You sound just like me and ur situation is so similar, just want u to know u are NOT alone . Misery loves company!

Love your post meerkat and agree with all, take MORE time for ourselves and if not married, step away FAST, it doesn't get better with that piece of paper Wink

Disengagement with support from DH is FABULOUS! It is the year of Melody3 Smile

I feel your financial pain MarieJeanne, great business, new car, independence....fast forward to....well, none of that.

Financial independence/savings plan is my plan B if I can't manage to carry out plan A....well, in conjunction with plan A....just in case.... Wink

Glassslipper's picture

My Step resolution:
No more BM stress, she is shut down on my phone, lock down on my e-mail, I refuse to go within 50 feet of her for any reason at all.
I will live this year without the stress of BM

I don't have a BM in the picture at all, sometimes I'm glad, sometimes I'm mad about that Wink

Can you take my related and unrelated judgmental bitches with you? Wink

Walk a mile in my shoes bitches .....

ohhhh...that sounds divine! Smile

I have started going to the theatre again and I get the best seats I can Smile Loved the King and I, with Lou Diamond Phillips, FRONT ROW! Smile

Rags's picture

Just keep doing what we are doing only lose some gut inches in the process.

The skid is good, the bride is awesome, time to work on a better Rags.