You are here

Blended family of 6 new mom to the site

octaviar's picture

Just thought I'd introduce myself and my situation

Hi All! I was so glad to find this site!! It has been great to read about other moms hiding in the bedroom, dreading the step kids, etc. I am not alone!! I am as-a-matter-of-fact, hiding in the bedroom right now. Smile

We have a blended family with four kids.

Two of them are 70/30, these are my bio kids, both boys ages 17 and 12 and they are with us most of the time
two of them are 50/50 these are my step sons ages 17 and 15 however they act much younger so some issues that we have to deal with fit better developmentally with say 8-10 year olds.

My step kids bio mom is way different than we are. She calls herself "polyamourous" which basically means she has no boundaries and doesn't respect others boundaries. I'm constantly worried that the SSons will become victimized in her home because according to her, all that is needed to make something "right" is that you want to do it. Any sexual partner is fair game in her world. She is also filthy. She's actually been evicted in the past because of it. She also lies a lot, and uses the kids as a weapon of mass destruction on my husband. I had never seen anything like it when I married him and boy did it make me grateful for my x-husband! LMAO... I had NO IDEA how good I have it with him.

My x and his wife live in a nearby town and she very much hates me ( I think it's pretty normal stuff, at least compared to what we deal with with my husbands x...) They drink a lot, and we've had a few crisis moments related to that but otherwise, everyone on that side of things have adjusted OK and my sons are now warming to their stepmom and sister and even enjoying the pets when they are there. Again, I'd probably have a different outlook if I didn't have this other situation to compare to.... nothing like a psychopath to bring perspective on things!

with my husbands x, we just now are enjoying a reprieve from a ridiculous and lengthy legal battle with her over alimony. She is incredibly spiteful (never encountered anything like it before) Even though she was taking up to 2600 a month of my husband, she still found a way to spend none of it on the kids and piss it away taking trips to see lovers. during a period of 4 years my husband paid her over 125,000 that she completely pissed away. You should have seen her on the stand in court... claiming how poor she was and playing the victim.... of course the minute she decided to quit he appeal ( yep, the judge decided on a fair award and she appealed it) she then BOUGHT A HOUSE! Oh.... the stories I could tell!!!!

The bottom line though is, these kids are terribly confused, emotionally disturbed, and immature. Making it very hard to parent them. They don't have friends and they make relatives uncomfortable.... it's heartbreaking really. I work hard to try to keep a compassionate outlook, and to be honest.... I've really struggled. I mean, they are repulsive in many ways both in their physical habits and socially . I've come to realize how very lucky I am to have the bio kids I do. They make parenting easy! I've had to really do some soul searching lately, I mean I used to think i was a good mom but now, the feelings I have and they way I respond to these two....

I never thought I could be so immature myself!

I've hid away in the bedroom, to the point that my kids have called me on it.
I've hidden food from them, my son sometimes puts his name of cans of soup in a desperate attempt to get to have it.
I've made better food when I know they won't be there.
I've given up on trying to be cheerful or even say hello.
I yelled at on of them when I had a big blow up a few months back. The contempt was literally dripping from me.
I don't do their laundry, nor do I try to help them like I do with my kids.
I don't invite them shopping anymore ( I used to but they always say no, so I've given up)
I don't buy them things when I'm shopping, they just refuse them anyway
I don't ask about their day ( or when I do its really forced)
I have a really hard time giving them positive reinforcement, but it flows from me like a river to my two kids.
I dread it when my husband tries to plan things for all of us to do together and I try to get out of it.
I don't want them to know anything about what we are doing financially, due to fear of them telling their mother who will use it against us at first chance.
I notice every negative thing they do and "tell their dad" so he can deal with it.

I really want to work on being the best step mom I can in this situation and as you can see, I need a lot of help!!

~Oct

Katie8's picture

I hear you...I'm in a blended family with 5 kids...3 are from my EX who we get along great with...parent the same just better friends now then when we were married. But Its sooo much easier with a sane EX .My Fiance has one son from his previous who's 7...BM is a nutcase and SS is a liar no manners and con's anyone to get what he wants...unfortunately I can't stand him. Then we have one bio son together. I dread when SS comes over...he is always dirty..picks his nose and wipes it on everything...I find I turn into a bitch when he walks in the door...my fiance always says I am a different person when he's here...I can't help it. I understand everything you wrote...I feel the same....its to the point of not wanting to stay with the man I love because I hate his son...sounds mean right?

Craving Normality's picture

Everything both of you said is me. 6 kids all up. 3 skids, 2 mine, 1 ours.

The food thing is pretty common I think. Why would I bother cooking for ungrateful skids. I hide the snacks and treats from skids, otherwise they would eat the lot of them before they went home and my kids would have nothing for school lunches. I actually try to run the pantry lower on treats on their weekends, they would eat 200 bags of chips and 50 cans of soda if they saw them. Their father does not limit them.

Katie8's picture

My friends actually call my ss Damian because they see how bad he is....I've tried disengaging but DH is making it hard wants this big happy family..but until I get his rose colored glasses its not here. Bm actually told him he's allowed to lie to his dad and I to not get into trouble...what? Let's him play Black ops at 7 yrs old but tells dh he's not allowed but ss told us his mom let him...just what this bully needs more violence. Ss goes home today...counting down but is back to mm after work for a few hours. I don't want to hide away and miss out on my bios time...but omg when he touches my son who's 8 months it makes me cringe... I hate feeling like this.

jumanji's picture

>My step kids bio mom is way different than we are. She calls herself "polyamourous" which basically means she has no boundaries and doesn't respect others boundaries.

That is NOT what polyamorous means. Sorry to burst that bubble.

octaviar's picture

They have known she is "polyamourous" since she started having cyber sex with them in the house and then brought the first bf home to the original family home against husbands wishes. She decided this after a 20 year monogamous marriage. I believe the kids were 10 and 12 at the time.

luchay's picture

I've hid away in the bedroom, to the point that my kids have called me on it.check. I've hidden food from them, check
I've made better food when I know they won't be there. oh hell yes check
I've given up on trying to be cheerful or even say hello. check
I yelled at one of them have done this once too
I don't do their laundry, I do wash anything they put in the hamper - but I resent doing it.... at first BM banned me from washing their clothes - but I think now she realises I do it better than her - I get out the stains and keeps colours and whites white and bright - no grey clothes here!! So I think she sends over things from home for them to sneak into my washing.... found a pair of greyish ladies undies the other day - no-one hear owns them - they are a very large size.... About the size of BM's fat arse is my guess. They went in the bin...

I don't invite them shopping anymore ( I used to but they always say no, so I've given up) Mine don't say no, they take take take - even when it's not hers SD will take LOL anything I buy for anyone is fair game to her.

I don't buy them things when I'm shopping, they just refuse them anyway Again, they don't refuse, but unless I have to I don't buy anything special for them

I don't ask about their day ( or when I do its really forced) Nope. never.
I have a really hard time giving them positive reinforcement, but it flows from me like a river to my two kids. that would involve finding something positive to reinforce.... nope.

I dread it when my husband tries to plan things for all of us to do together and I try to get out of it. I still go on family outings and even just with OH and the skids every chance - they LIKE to exclude me from outings and I am DONE with that shit.

I don't want them to know anything about what we are doing financially, due to fear of them telling their mother who will use it against us at first chance. Oh hell no, the only financial stuff they hear from me is that we can't afford it Wink

I notice every negative thing they do and "tell their dad" so he can deal with it.

I notice it, I have stopped telling him, it just leads to fighting between us.

I don't hide in my room anymore - I have reclaimed MY living room. If SD is sprawled in MY place on the couch watching her kids TV crap (which she would do 24/7 if we let her) and I want to relax I WILL go in there and take back MY seat and MY TV.

I generally leave the cooking to my OH when they are here - they bitch and moan if they think I cooked something - OH can present burnt anything and it's "the best they've ever tasted" So now he cooks Smile WE have MUCH better meals when they aren't here.... and my dd's will sometimes say "do we HAVE to have sausages tonight, can't we have the stir-fry chicken/lasagne/whatevers" that they know I have planned for a non-skid night.... and SD will be all "yeah I'd rather have that"

But NOPE - dad can't cook that so it's sausages, sorry - I did add once - "but you don't LIKE my cooking SD so I can't cook while you are here" And BM has told them not to eat my cooking etc.

And I don't stock up on snacks etc or I hide them while skids are here - the same deal with the lunchbox snacks, OH has in the past given away my kids lunchbox food so I had nothing to put in the lunchboxes one day, I told him NEVER to touch that container again as it's lunchbox food and I only buy enough each week to cover school and dancing lunches. OTHER snacks are kept elsewhere and he can give freely of those.... (they aren't as nice Wink ) SD will search the pantry for packets of biscuits, chips etc and sneak them to her toom. I hide everything now or don't buy so much on skid weekends.

luchay's picture

LMAO - yes. I have noticed a lot of SKID clothes in the washing that I haven't seen them wear - or when they come Weds pm (from after school til 8pm) there will be clothes of theirs in the hamper. So I have been assuming they are bringing dirty clothes from BM's

I don't really go through what's what when I sort and wash, but when I hang it I notice more IYKWIM. So I am hanging my washing and come across these undies, and am like WTF????

SD isn't here. But they are too big even for her (miaow) My dd21 is tiny, my other DD's 11 and 8 wear size 8 and 5 in kids.... They sure as heck are NOT mine....

I dropped them on the ground, got a rubbish bag and picked them up in that and threw them in the rubbish bin. I am SURE they are BM's.

Maybe they got caught up in something that SD grabbed from home and chucked in my washing. Maybe BM is messing with my head. I am SOOOO tempted to say something nasty about them to SD.

luchay's picture

I know, makes me want to vomit just thinking I touched them.... they have been in the washing hamper and machine with MY (much smaller and sexier) underwear....

Makes me shudder.

luchay's picture

I was so tempted (after I threw them out) to haul them out of the rubbish and innocently ask OH if he has any ideas who they might belong to.

He knows that I have been getting mystery skid washing, but it's not a big deal - I do so much washing here anyway, we just thought that was funny - After her initial stance of "that WHORE is not allowed to TOUCH my childrens CLOTHES!!!" Now she sends her washing over sneakily.

But yes, would have loved to have presented these knickers to him and seen his face!!

luchay's picture

Oh it's been said so many times now that it's water off a ducks back to me now. I guess because we do actually HAVE a sex life and when he was with her it was a pretty rare thing she has an issue with it.

She knows because the skids told her we close our bedroom door at night. She demanded that had to stop - the door had to be left open and the skids had to be allowed FULL access to him ALL the time they were here. He laughed in her face and said "we sleep naked and have LOTS of sex, do you really want the kids seeing that?"

LMAO