You are here

Is been FOREVER since I've posted, it's been soooooo nice since sd RARELY visits.

Someoneelse's picture

Dd18 is away at college, SD is about to graduate high school.  Sd calls dd18 to brag about how she originally got 20 tickets for graduation, and she's getting more from people who aren't using theirs (she's accumulated 40 tickets and trying to get more) , and how she's giving some to bm, SF, half brother, a friend, BM's parents, SF's parents, aunts and uncle, "framily" (a word she made up for BM's friends) DHn me dd18, dd19, dh's uncle (that's not been in dh's life for YEARS) Dd18 and 19 only had us at graduation, so she knows dd18 is going to feel sad about her bragging about having so many people going. 

I know that sd is heading because she only has 1 real friend, but having so many people show up to graduation makes her feel better about herself.  

Dd18 was the only one in our house that halfway got along with sd, but in the past few years dd has learned to see past sd's facade and actually see how hateful and manipulative she is.  

Now we are actually going to sd's graduation, because if we didn't, we'd look like the "bad guys", so we are going to at least look like we aren't stooping to anyone's level,  and that we're the bigger better people. And with there actually being so few times we see her/ hear from her i don't mind going to events here and there. But i DO NOT want to sit anywhere near BM or her family! With BM screaming at DH that he is so detrimental to sd's mental/emotional wellbeing, why would we want to sit close to her?  Well DH is such a moron sometimes that he will see ANYONE that he knows and go sit with them. Could be literally Hitler, if he had ever seen him before, he make a point to go sit by him. 

Sorry, just more of an update/rant... any thoughts are welcome. 

Lillywy00's picture

I wish these stepkids rarely visited but unfortunately I've got a guilt riddled Disney land dad/soon to be ex who tries to prove he's so much better than his ex. 

Anyways good luck with your newfound freedom (even more freedom) now the SD is off to college. 

Someoneelse's picture

I'm so excited to be DONE with sd.  Hopefully it is the last i have to deal with her.