You are here

bad influence

PhillyDuck1971's picture

I have been married to my wife since 2014 and her 23 year old daughter lives with us. She had her 30+ year old bf move in and my wife allows him to pretty much overrule everything I say. I told him to get out of our bedroom and was told if Crys tells me to get out THEN I'll get out. You can't tell me to get out. Is this marriage worth saving?

Siemprematahari's picture

SD and her BF need to get the heck out of your house. There is no respect or boundaries and they seem to not care what you think. You need to address this now. Your marriage can be saved but your Wife has to do her part and put an end to this level of disrespect.

ndc's picture

Is Crys the wife or the daughter?  Not that it's particularly relevant, of course, I'm just wondering who it is that the BF will listen to.

Your wife's daughter and her boyfriend have no business being in your bedroom.  The boyfriend certainly has no business giving you any lip about asking him to leave YOUR bedroom.

In your position, I would tell my wife that her daughter and the boyfriend have to go.  Set a reasonable date by which they must be out.  If they're not gone on that date, then I'd say NO, your marriage cannot be saved.

Edited to add:  I just saw your post above that your wife won't even get involved and won't ask them to leave.  If that's the case, your marriage is over and I wouldn't waste any more effort on her.

hereiam's picture

Oh, wow, disrespected by everybody in the house, including your wife.

The daughter and the boyfriend need to go, then you and your wife need to have a serious discussion on what marriage and partnership means.

Rags's picture

This doesnt have anything to do with your marriage. It has to do with a lack of testicular fortitude and failure to bust a 30yo lippy otherwise homeless piece of shit in the nose for getting lippy in YOUR house.

I would have told him to leave the house immediately or I would shoot him for home invasion while I was dialing the police to report a home invader that was about to be dead.

Time to BALL up and take care of business.  Part of that is giving your bride clarity that never again does she fail to have your back .... or ... she can GTFO along with her toxic spawn.

Grrrrrr!

I suppose I am fortunate... my bride has bigger balls than I do and would give that POS about 5seconds to GTFO and then she would shoot this 30yo  POS herself..... and ...... would put the 23yo POS daughter out at the same time... though likely not in a body bag.

Figuratively?.... maybe.  Literally?.... also maybe.