Appalled

Flustered's picture

So appalled for the trash my Son in law is getting from his ex. He and my BD each have 2 kids from 1st marriages. She has learned to coparent with her ex/my BGK's father... and she includes his kids in all ( her SK/my SGKs.. so, nicely blended and we do all with his parents as well.

what has be appalled is his ex, the BM of his kids./ my SGKs.... During Christmas dinner she called and screamed at him ( all 9 people at the table could hear her) because she was mad at some papers the lawyer served her a few days before. So she calls to scream during Christmas dinner....WTF?  He kept his cool! Told her  he would not discuss it w/ family there. (I have no idea how he did it.)

I feel so bad for him/ his ex is mad because he is happily remarried.  (I feel like I am watching my own ex trash me re our BD almost 30 years ago/ before my BD realized her BD was wacky and came over to my DH/ her SF and me) ....my BD understands this/ she went thru it with her ex.  I know I can comfort him, but how do you comfort his BK/ your SGKs when their mother is clearly off the deep end? I had heard about her from myBD, this was the first time she was screaming that I heard...so sad

JRI's picture

All you can do is be that stable, steady grandparent in the background.  I am still grateful to my ex-MIL for lending a sympayhetic ear to my BD when she vented about step-family issues.  As hard as it will be, I'd never let a negative word anout BM escape my lips in front of the kids.  My own parents, understandably, spoke negatively about my ex in my kids'  hearing and it wasn't good.

I feel sorry for your SIL and BD.   Sounds like they're trying to do it right but things will be bumpy for awhile.

Flustered's picture

Bcuz he thought she was calling re: time his kids needed to get back to her house