You are here

Anyone Dealing with BM's Boyfriend?

luv2laff's picture

Ok so heres a short summary of what is going on, we got SS7 a cell phone for Christmas, a little young? Yes however, about a month ago SS7 was saying that he wanted to talk to his dad and couldnt because BM was out of minutes, and they dont have a home phone. So in order to make it so that SS7 could call his dad when he wanted to talk to him and could also talk to his mom when he was with us, that is what we got him.

Now It was explained to SS7 how to use the phone and all(but again he is 7), So it was also explained to BM that when he was with her that she would have to help monitor in case it was a recycled phone number and he got a call for someone else, she agreed, everything that could be blocked is (internet, texting, ect..), Anyway last night hubby and I got text messages from BM's BF saying that we were irresponsible parents (BTW he is an alcholic and has been to jail for things like drinking and driving and domestic Violence), I was not only floored by the fact that he would send something like that to my hubby, who is a fantastic parent but that he also sent it to me. I do not share any communication with BM and dont expect BM's BF to communicate with me, we are good parents and I was wondering if anyone else out there deals with this kind of drama? I did not respond to him and hubby was way to upset to respond at all, so i forwarded the message to BM (in the BF's text he said he was his own person and that she didnt know he was texting us)and kindley asked her to have her boyfriend to stop sending us messages, there were 3, and also just said that we dont bother them, which we dont, hubby does but ONLY when it involves the kids and he deals directly with her, so to please ask her boyfriend to stop sending us messages..

opinions?

RaeRae's picture

BF needs to stay out of it. If he gets to be too out of control, you can try to get a court order stating that all communication needs to be between the parents involved. Many judges do not appreciate 'passers by' getting involved. Even, as many of us have found out, if these people become step-parents.

As for the bf getting involved, have a look at my blog...