You are here

Am I petty?

Belle1984's picture

Ok, so I can't deal with some of the ways my hubby is handling is three kids. Overall there are good, but I am afraid their actual bad behavior is passing on to my son (2 years) who adores them.

I hate having dinner with them, they are disrespectful, loud and say whatever they want which is all rude, my son is starting to repeat things and behaviors.
On the regular, there are noisy, screaming... it's like their mother doesn't teach them to speak softly and politely.
The constant fighting,yelling, complaining, whining... I am finding it hard to go beyond "liking them". I can't get to the love, protective way, their behavior is too much to handle. There are 6, 8, and 9.
My son appears to be getting special treatment because of their behavior, for example, if he goes to sleep, everyone has to be cornered into a room.. why? because they can't tone down their voices to save their own lives. This is not how I want my household to run. Yes, it bothers me because it seems unfair they can't curb their behavior and we can be given the freedom to relax whenever needed. You have to be with them even when someone is sleeping. Now my son is SCREAMING instead of speaking softly.

They do not say please, thank you, hello, bye..etc, who in the hell would want to do anything for them with manners like that?

I need to talk to my hubby but this has been ongoing to 4 years and I fear, this will just ride and I have to be unhappy, I am scared my son is picking up their behavior and I have to work that much harder to curb the crap that is going on in my own home.

I am trying hard to embrace them but I can't for some reason..

Oh and hubby is one to angry at them, yell and then succumbs to a child's argument that makes no sense, I feel like moving out!

Am I being petty?