Advice

Vr2010's picture

Would love some advice or input on my situation. I am a stay at home parent of 4. 2 are mine from previous one his and one shared. My husband has his daughter full time with mother getting her every other weekend. My issue has been his daughter coming back sick literally every time she goes with her mother. Her mother doesn't have a stable place and they stay different houses. I just feel fed up with me being the one home to take care of her every time she comes home sick which has been literally every other weekend all winter. Also having to try to keep my other children from getting anything. Sd came home sick last night and I made hubby take off today to take care of her. I know kids get sick but I'm just feeling defeated here and fed up. Doesn't seem fair to me. Thanks for the input 

notsurehowtodeal's picture

What day does she go to BM's? If she goes Friday and comes back Sunday, are you sure she is getting ill there and not a school the week before? If she is really sick every other week, and only after being with BM, have you considered that it is an allergic response of some sort instead of an actual illness?

In any case, you have posted about this before and received some advice. Unfortunately, there really isn't much that can be done. It sounds like the understanding between you and your DH is you stay home with the kids and he works to support you. If you don't want to watch his daughter, maybe you could consider returning to work and putting the kids in daycare. Then, if his daughter is sick, it would be his responsibility to take off work and watch her.

Harry's picture

It's your DH child, his responsibility to figure out how to care for his sick DD,  not yours. Let him handle DD,  you disengage from all of this.  You did not married BM. He did 

justmakingthebest's picture

Being a SAHM unfortunately means this is just going to fall back on you. I would suggest talking to her pediatrician about your concerns and the environment she is going into. This way it is documented with her doctor, which may be helpful in the future. Also talk about supplements- Elderberry for example is really fantastic for immunity support. It won't fix the problem but maybe it can shorten those colds or make them less severe and stop her from spreading to the rest of the house.