You are here

About ready to call it quits!!! Help!

JamieK32's picture

Hi! I am new here so here is my scoop. I have been married a year and a half and I have a 15 yr old son and he has a 6 yr old daughter both from previous marriages. His ex wife has never moved on after 5 years and very much still loves my husband and he knows it. She is OBSESSED with this daughter, her whole world revolves around this kid! She is spoiled rotten! I do not agree with raising kids like this!! My son was not raised this way!

Then we have the mother in law, she has been single for 35 years! She is completely dependent on her adult kids, she wants to be in our asses every second and to top it off she is a very miserable mean woman! She gives people dirty looks all the time and is AWFUl to be around. I feel I am a great wife, I work my butt off make dinner, I dont go out and get crazy I think I do the good wife part.

My husband doesnt get it, he tells me to suck it up and she is like that everyone and deal with it. He has no idea between the kid, the ex and the MIL I want to run away!!!

I do love him very much but I feel like he is a puppet to these people, wont tell his mom she is ruining things for him or the ex that she is turning their child into a nightmare!!!

HELP!!!!

KirbyKat's picture

Ugh, so sorry. Like I said to someone else on the boards earlier, loving someone just isn't enough to make a marriage work, you have to consider what your life is actually going to be like day-to-day with the person your marrying. I'm not sure how much you knew about the BM and the MIL before you married him, but it sounds like a huge PITA. All I can say is, thank goodness you don't have children together, and your options are open. Maybe it's time to live apart and just "date". God, I can't tell you how many times I wished I chosen that option lol.

Auteur's picture

I see a pattern here. DH afraid to stand up to:

BM
Skid
His BM

Not necessarily in that order.

Hopefully your Dh does not tell you to "suck it up" as respects the spoiled SD15.

That's a dealbreaker.