You are here

Why dogs are so much better!

LoveandBattleScars's picture

I want to start searching for child free men with dogs only! Good grief do kids cause a bunch of headache! I've been with my boyfriend for about 9 months now and the whole kid thing is driving me crazy. I really thought I could handle it....Going in, I thought "This won't be too bad!" Oh was I wrong!!

So far, I've been the cook, the maid, the doctor, the chauffeur, and the nanny.

I feel like I come in last place, after the ex and the kids and boy does he ever cater to that ex!! He says "we" a lot when referring to her, is that bad?

Back to the dogs, there is no "step parent" situation, no ex, no child support, if they get pregnant you can easily adopt those adorable little pups, after that they can get spayed or neutered, they don't yell or whine or complain, or have nightmares, and they don't interrupt conversations.. Oh and they can be simply boarded when you go on vacation!

I do hope there are some child free men out there with dogs! I am feeling that my self-esteem is just getting lower and lower!

Orange County Ca's picture

I'm glad you didn't make the big mistake of having a kid before coming to a conclusion I think most of the men and women who get into step-parenting wish they had made early on. That guy was right and I'm guessing your age to be in mid to late twenties - just the age in which most women are dragging kids around. The few who aren't are driven in their careers and often have decided on never having kids making them unattractive to men who want children.

Many men have postponed marriage in todays world in order to get their career going before starting a family and are coming of an age to do just that. If I were you I would follow my interests and get into clubs of similar minded people as in skiing or drag racing. How about going to dog agility trials - they're all over the place. Make the rounds of dog parks if there are any in your area. If not start a committee to get the city to build one. Minimum is a double gated fenced area in a park or next to the library with some doggy dodo pick up bags hung on the fence.